anita87

Please help...

hi everyone I just had surgery (gastric bypass) 07/12/2016 and when I would drink my liquid broth and water it felt as if it was getting stuck right below my breast bone went er and they admitted me back in the hospital thinking I might've had a leak well turn out no leak just swelling around the stoma causing little to no room for things to pass through... Well I also have a very hard time taking a deep breath, coughing, and sneezing without being in bad pain... They said it's nothing to worry about but I'm not comfortable with that... Did anyone experience this as well please let me know...

I did not have any of these problems, and I am very sorry to hear of them. Be sure to see your surgeon's office (not the ER) on them, and hang in there. The first two weeks after gastric bypass surgery can be rough. 

Everyone's weight loss journey after surgery is a bit different. We are here to support you. 

Anita,

I'm with Res Ipsa - the first days can be difficult - it's only been 4 days since your surgery.  Just keep drinking a little and often.  The swelling will go down.