Tifa7

vitamins

14 posts in this topic

so im 3 weeks out of surgery and the multivitamins im required to take are disgusting. im using the bariatric advantage but i dont like chewable and am not allowed to have gummies. is there a better brand that taste better? 

Cherub2002 likes this

I purchased this vitamin patch pack from bariatrics pal. They are expensive and the jury is still out whether they work but I figured it was better than nothing.  They do have good reviews https://store.bariatricpal.com/products/gastric-bypass-vitamin-patch-pack-30-day-supply?lssrc=popular

if you just need the multivitamin patch, it's $20.

Edited by Nutin2it
Tifa7 likes this

thank you so much!

No problem :)

Is it one patch for all needs?

I just looked them over. There are 4 separate patches, multivit, vit D, iron and Vitamin B12 .

each package is $74 for a one month supply. So if you buy all 4, your monthly  bill would be around $ 300 dollars a month.

Sounds tempting but too expensive for me.

My surgeon said no gummies but at over 2 years out, I tried the gummies and had no problems. I usually shop at CVS for my vitamins and various other OTC drugs. I do a lot of shopping there because of their decision not to sell or stock any smoking materials , including electronic cigarettes and chewing tobacco.

i applaud those decisions. To me changes of that kind should be supported.

My CVS has started to sell some healthier options at a refrigerated kiosk stand near the cash register.

I do not own any CVS stock, but in MHD, cvs is a store that should be supported.

Whatever you decide to take; check with your bariatric center to make sure they are acceptable.  

Im far enough out that I take mostly swallow able vitamins and supplements.  I was told 2childrens chewable (there is controversy on that but my NUT told me they are fine.  My blood work is good in that area).  

Make sure your calcium is calcium citrate.  I take the petites (9 a day-3 3 times a day.). I had a bone scan recently and that was good..  Don't take iron with the calcium.  

3-Bottles-Bg3.jpg&maxx=50&maxy=0

I use these, they were recommended by my DR. and nutritionist, they are around $33 for a ninety day supply, they have a chewable version but they taste like a$$.

these are nice because I only need one per day and it has the iron in it already

Just a reminder that calcium citrate should not be taken with multivitamins containing iron.

This is an excellent read:  Calcium and Iron - why do they need to be separate?

My program lists Centrum Adult twice a day after 4 weeks pills are safe to take by mouth. They are easy to find and affordable. They specifically want the adult though, not women, men or silver.

I was told only vitamins for bariatric a, after buying 3 different kids of multi vitamins. I did get a free sample of Celebrate Bariatric chewables and they're not bad. A free sample is available online, just pay $3.99 for shipping.

On 9/9/2016 at 1:45 AM, Spunkycat said:

I just looked them over. There are 4 separate patches, multivit, vit D, iron and Vitamin B12 .

each package is $74 for a one month supply. So if you buy all 4, your monthly  bill would be around $ 300 dollars a month.

Sounds tempting but too expensive for me.

My surgeon said no gummies but at over 2 years out, I tried the gummies and had no problems. I usually shop at CVS for my vitamins and various other OTC drugs. I do a lot of shopping there because of their decision not to sell or stock any smoking materials , including electronic cigarettes and chewing tobacco.

i applaud those decisions. To me changes of that kind should be supported.

My CVS has started to sell some healthier options at a refrigerated kiosk stand near the cash register.

I do not own any CVS stock, but in MHD, cvs is a store that should be supported.

No that price was for a month supply of each pack. So for the 74 dollars or whatever, you get all 4 packs! I applied 3 patches in the morning. (2 on one arm and 1 on the other-suppose to be non hairy area on the body) then applied the iron patch at night before I went to bed (because you cant mix the calcium and iron). 

So its 74 or 79 dollars monthly for ALL your vitamins and you dont have to swallow them (a big plus for those having nausea issues).

Edited by Nutin2it

I have the patches for the vitamins I gag on...and take barimelts for the rest.