fabfurni

Monthly % of excess weight loss goals??

Is there a goal percentage of excess pounds per month? I know there must be somewhere. I just can't seem to find it. I try not to get hung up in the numbers....today I am getting hung up on the numbers.....

:-)

Everyone's weight loss journey after surgery is a bit different. Some people lose 15 or more pounds per month, while other people lose weight at a much slower pace. 

Remember that weight loss surgery has the twin goals of losing as much weight as possible in the 9 to 12 month period after the surgery - the honeymoon period - when weight loss is easiest, and then of reaching your goal weight and maintaining that weight for the rest of your life. 

I don't know that you'd find any relevant measurement.  There are just too many variables that determine how much and how fast you lose.  And like every other statistic concerning WLS, no one else's numbers have anything to do with what your numbers will be.

If you want to get hung up on numbers, get hung on the ones that matter....grams of protein, ounces of water, number of Fitbit steps, how many flights of stairs you can climb, your blood pressure, A1C, the number of stores you'll be able to shop in, the number of dollars you'll save on groceries, how many more years you will be alive to enjoy your friends and family.....

LOL... No!!! everyone looses weight differently, and everyone's journey is different.  I believe you should enjoy your journey in your own way, enjoy and stay positive each and everyday.  Refrain from obsessing on numbers etc...  Numbers should be the least of your worries... Obsess on being the best you can be.   

My surgeon expressed to me the same as all here are saying.. He also said, just follow the plan and it will work for you. Don't use the scale, instead pay attention to how your clothes are getting bigger !  

I am one of the scale people. I weigh myself 4 or 5 times a day, every day. I take the scale with me on vacation, weekend trips and anywhere we go overnight. I don't recommend it to everyone, but it keeps me honest. A vendor will come in the office with a box of donuts. Knowing I am going to weigh at lunch time, helps me set my mind to not eat the donuts. The major drawback is that it can be very frustrating. You follow all the rules and you hit a stall or actually gain a couple pounds. You cant let it get you down. You just keep working on it and you will get there.