sizzi310

Scared of weight gain

Hi guys, 

8 weeks 3 days pregnant! Kind of a surprise, since we had just started trying! 

I'm worried about gaining weight... being 8 weeks I've already gained 3 or 4 pounds. It's not even like I'm going crazy! I wrote everything down, I have 1500-1800 cals a day. What are you guys doing to keep your weight in check? 

So I'm close to 34 weeks prego. I've gained about 15-18lbs. According to my OB in the last 10 weeks Ive only gained 4lbs but baby is right on track size wise.

i haven't done anything differently than before. Honestly I'm eating pretty much whatever I want but my cravings are healthy. My OB did suggest to continue protein shakes last week. She said the lack of weight gain is expected but it couldn't hurt for the extra helping of protein. (I stopped protein drinks at exactly 1 yr post op, which was about three days before I conceived LOL!) 

as long as you don't go crazy, like some pregnant women, you will be fine. I even drink Starbucks on a regular basis and enjoy the occasional snickers bar. I'd be more than happy to keep you updated on our progress. 

Hi! I'm 28 weeks. I've gained 31 pounds. Doctors and even some friends said I couldn't do it. I had a gastric bypass two years ago tomorrow, then I had a revision because of ulcers on July 29th of last year. My stomach is about the size of a quarter. I had already lost 140 pounds when I had my second surgery. My husband is shocked that I am not freaking out about gaining weight. I know how to lose it,  so I'm not afraid. What's a little weight gain, I've tried for 13 years to get pregnant. The doctor wanted me to start eating a lot of protein to keep my blood sugar up. I did, and I started losing weight. 

I had my second son 4 years after RNY.  Honestly it was soooo hard watching the scale climb even though I knew it had to LOL.  I ended up gaining 40lbs with him, he was a big boy, 9lb 13oz, so lost about half that just delivering him, and he breast feed which really helped the rest of the weight come back off.  Congratulations on your pregnancy!  Enjoy it!!