ealaurie

Vitamin Organization Tips/Ideas?

7 posts in this topic

Anybody have any pointers on the best ways to organize your vitamins? Do you find baggies to be helpful? Any particular kind of pill organizers you can recommend? I've been pretty bad about missing my vitamins and I feel terrible now that I'm not taking them religiously, and I just need an easy way to make sure I take them at all the right times. Below is my list of vitamins/supplements and my schedule. Thanks!

Prilosec OTC 1x/day
Calcium Citrate + D with Magnesium 2x/day for bone health
Women's Daily Multivitamin 1x/day for overall health
5000 mcg Biotin 1x/day for skin, hair and nails
500 mg Magnesium 1x/day for bone and muscle health
6000 mcg Vitamin B12 tablets for energy support

SCHEDULE
Breakfast: Prilosec, Multivitamin and B12 tablet
Lunch: 2 Calcium Citrates and B12 tablet
Dinner: 2 Calcium Citrates and Biotin
Bedtime: Magnesium
Jabsie and CoTN like this

It took me a while to figure out my vitamin and medication schedule because there are certain things that can't be taken together. Once that was worked out, I bought a pillbox that has a removable cartridge for each day. Each cartridge is divided into 4 compartments; breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bedtime. It's pretty big but filling it just once a week saves me a lot of time and really helps me to keep track of everything. Because each cartridge is removable, I can take just the day's meds with me if I'm not going to be home when I need to take a dose. Here's a couple of links..

https://www.amazon.com/Prescription-Compartments-Stuff-Seniors-Need/dp/B0193UCV4U/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1465846670&sr=8-25-spons&keywords=pill+box&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/GMS-Large-Medication-Organizer-Blue/dp/B017UMUDPW/ref=sr_1_39_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1465846722&sr=8-39&keywords=pill+box

Good luck :-)

CoTN likes this

I fill my pills in a plastic container. Sometimes I do not want to carry  that plastic container.

for a time when I will be away from home for several days, I put each day's pills in a separate container labeled "Monday 

AM , Tuesday lunch etc. Before Ib I leave a resort, I fill those plastic bags with candy for the maid's children. I also tip of course but I like the idea of giving and maybe make a child smile. If we travel in the late summer, I use larger bags and put in some school supplies like pens, pencils , paper, and  plus a little candy. Makes me happy doing that . There is also a company that will take your pills and put them in small, crinkled tiny bags. Thy are labeled such as Monday morning pills, and another for bedtime so that they are visible reminders as well. It comes in a role like scotch tape comes in.

this second method is very  valuable to home care nurses and to family members who a re trying to keep  their loved ones out of nursing homes ER,

Best

Edited by Spunkycat
CoTN and Clickin like this

1 hour ago, Spunkycat said:

AM , Tuesday lunch etc. Before Ib I leave a resort, I fill those plastic bags with candy for the maid's children. I also tip of course but I like the idea of giving and maybe make a child smile. If we travel in the late summer, I use larger bags and put in some school supplies like pens, pencils , paper, and  plus a little candy. Makes me happy doing that .

This is the coolest idea ever, I totally am going to do that!!

I keep my morning (multivitamin, B12, antiacid) and bedtime (iron and krill oil) by my bed in an AM/PM pill box. Then I take 3 calciums and multivitamin in a little stackable container in my lunch box at work.

I have an alarm on my phone at 9, 11, 2 and 4 to remember to take those doses. I pack it every night after work when I make my protein shakes. 

CoTN likes this

I fill a plastic baggie with like 2 weeks worth of vitamins and bring them to work.  My phone alarm goes off at like 9, and I put that day's pills out on my desk.  If they're in my sight, I remember to take them.

CoTN likes this