angelito13903

Need some advice please!!!

8 posts in this topic

Has anybody ever suffer from Insomnia right after Gastric bypass surgery? I haven't been able to sleep for weeks. My doctor gave me something that's supposed to help me sleep bUT it doesn't work? I heard I can get Melatonin at GNC. Is there anybody here that takes sleeping aids? 

No problems here.  But melatonin can be bought at any place with a pharmacy.  I get it at Walmart for my hubby when he travels overseas..

my husband takes melatonin and it helps him. He takes 5 mg.

I had a problem sleeping for a good 6+ weeks post-op.

Kirkland Signature Sleep Aid (Doxylamine Succinate 25 mg) worked best for me.  Equate Maximum Strength Sleep Aid (Diphenhydramine hcl 50 mg) got me to sleep pretty quickly but it didn't last more than 3-4 hours.

I suffer from insomnia quite often. I happen to be one of the lucky ones that get sleepy with Benadryl. It doesn't help you stay asleep but it for sure helps get you to that point of sleep. I asked my doctor about it and they said it was a perfect thing to use for that reason. The catch is that you need to get the sleepy feeling with Diphenhydramine. Benadryl really knocks me out, if I'm having a really tough time I will take 3 instead of 2. It usually takes about 30-40 minutes to kick in.

Yeah I have had some trouble sleeping since my first surgery oct 2014. It did get better and now I just had bypass a few weeks again and the trouble sleeping has returned. I take 5mg of  Melatonin and it helps. You can get it at walmart. 

I take 15 mg of melatonin daily - and have for the past 3 years. It works well for me!

On 6/13/2016 at 0:11 AM, angelito13903 said:

Has anybody ever suffer from Insomnia right after Gastric bypass surgery? I haven't been able to sleep for weeks. My doctor gave me something that's supposed to help me sleep bUT it doesn't work? I heard I can get Melatonin at GNC. Is there anybody here that takes sleeping aids? 

I have been on ambien since about 6 months after my surgery. I am almost 7 years out now. I just can not sleep anymore since I los the weight with Ambien I can lay awake 3 nights in row and maybe only sleep 2 hours in 3 days. I am not sure why but it did change my ability to sleep good with out using something.