Sm619

13 days post opp! Feeling a Little down

13 days post opp feeling a Lil better more and more each day no pain just hungry headaches and low energy...been a lil hard this weekend not being able to eat anything while everyone is having BBQ trying to keep a positive outlook and hopefully I'll be able to enjoy some food by 4th of July anyone feeling like this? 

Keep your eye on the prize.  Socialize.  Drink your water and protein shakes.  

This is temporary. This is the time to retrain your brain that parties don't have to be about food. Take your big bottle of fluids and enjoy the company. It is hard at first- I don't mean to minimize what you're going through. It will get easier, especially when you see those pounds dropping off. Hang in there. 

A year ago today I was about two weeks post op. I went to the big parade here and took my Greek yogurt and water.  Later in the day I went to a cook out and took my protein shake and water bottle with watermelon. I weighed about 220.  Today I went to the same parade and had lemonade crystal lite director no the parade and tonight I'll be at the cookout eating a little bit of chicken and maybe some coleslaw. I weighed 125 this morning. I promise it is worth it and nobody really cares what you eat.  You got this!!!

Yea I been just sipping on my water I'm not really a BBQ person away I guess I thought I was messing out on something 

I had surgery on the same day as you!

I understand about the whole BBQ/party thing. I was released to pureed/soft foods, so I brought deviled eggs, knowing I could at least have 1/2 egg. I also found a couple of other things, and had a spoonful of them as well. I felt a little.... uptight?... at times, wanting to graze, but simply not having the room for it. I was full from my egg, and dips.

I also found myself critiquing (silently) everyone else's plates ROFL... so SO many carb laden plates of food passing by me... 

Next year it will be different, we will be able to eat, and we will bring healthy Low Carb, High Protein snacks, and everyone will love them! LOL

22 minutes ago, pammieanne said:

I also found myself critiquing (silently) everyone else's plates ROFL... so SO many carb laden plates of food passing by me... 

lol, so was I!...all I could think in my head was, "do you know how many carbs and fat that has!"

Yeah I realized I'm not missing out I just keep thinking it will be greater later lol :) 

I chuckle at this - not because of your plight, which I know sucks, but because I remember thinking the EXACT SAME THING. And then when I had that 'delightful' taste of the thing I craved most - it was utterly disgusting. I had wasted all those moments and emotions waiting and whining about how I couldn't have just a taste of something and then I realized, I didn't even want it. I had my surgery 3 weeks before Thanksgiving. My BBQ was pecan pie. The couple little bites I took had me laying on my left side completely sick to my stomach. And while mentally it's still my favorite dessert, I'm not even tempted to put it in my mouth again. 

As everyone else said - keep your eye on the prize. This is only a moment in the great scheme of things, and you might come to find out you don't really miss it like you thought.