Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greg

Fitness tracker?

3 posts in this topic

I recently had weightloss surgery, gastric sleeve, and I'm losing weight and finally have some energy to get more active etc.

My sister just bought me a fitbit charge hr bracelet as a gift. She let me pick it out so she isn't going to be upset if I exchange it. My hobbies include wrist watches and aquarium keeping. So, I was a bit disappointed to discover that fitbits are only splash resistant. Somedays my hands are in and out of the aquariums multiple times with hand washings in between. I also like to swim. 

So, I think I found a good solution. I could go back and exchange the fitbit for a Garmin vivosmart hr, which is atleast waterproof to 16 feet I believe....

But it's also a bit bulky and has a large digital display with the time. Now I'm feeling like I might look foolish wearing it and a wristwatch at the same time?

What do you think?
I've never been a workout guy but want to become more active, I'd like to monitor my sleep and see if I can get off my cpap machine as I lose weight etc...
Do you think I'll even find the heart rate info useful? I don't plan on running anytime soon.

http://www.cio.com/article/3016790/m...charge-hr.html

Hey Greg, if you like wristwatches and want a tracker have you checked out the Withings trackers? Theirs are styled as analogue watches with a small inner dial that shows your steps. They're waterproof--I swim in mine 3 times a week!--and have an app that's as user friendly as Fitbit's.  They also use a watch battery so you don't have to charge them. They have a couple different pricepoints, from the casual POP with a silicone band up to the Swiss made Activité. They also newly have one that tracks heartrate, which I didn't know about! 

Another option for you might be the Misfit line of trackers. They have waterproof versions but most importantly of all they don't have to be worn on the wrist. You can set them to wear around your neck, in your sock, around your ankle, etc.

I think the Fitbit newly has a model that is swimproof and can be worn in multiple places on the body as well!

vsgguy likes this

Thanks teacupnosaucer, didnt know about Withing but gonna check em out. :)