MinaDina

If you had "fat legs" I need your input

4 posts in this topic

This is going to seem a bit odd, but maybe not. I have extremely fat legs, like I have no ankles fat legs. One leg also holds more fat than the other. It started to really become noticeable a few years ago as my weight continued to climb and I thought it was fluid. No Drs ever seemed concerned with it, and finally one Dr says to me it's just the way your fat distributes. It's really unsightly. I'm disgusted by wearing shorts or skirts because of it. I know that losing some weight will help slim the leg I hope, but I'm terrified that it will continue to be this issue of the fat depositing more on my left than my right leg.

Is there anyone out there whose has or had a similar issues?

My stepmom has always had "cankles" (even when slender). Losing weight will help, but may not get rid of them. Once you're at the weight you want to be, reevaluate.

Zen_Steph likes this

I have always had thick legs. Anklets were a joke. Still are to a degree. I have never been successful in losing weight in my legs HOWEVER, I feel that since having RNY *and* spending time at the gym doing leg exercises (presses, squats, etc), I have significantly decreased my leg weight, built up some nice shapely legs in the process, decreased (but not completely rid myself) the cankles, and have developed *quite* a nice behind if I may say so.

The most amazing thing -- in addition to not looking like I have stove pipes attached to my feet -- is how much cellulite went away. My little butt is perky and not dimply at all. Same with my legs, which were cellulite city! They're still jiggly and fat, but the thigh fat has REALLY gone away and now I just have a tiny bit of chub rub at the top of my thighs, not nearly down to the knees as before. My feet have gone down about 1/2 of a size and there is a lot more definition in the bones of my feet. I think...perhaps...I may one day see an actual ankle come out of hiding. Fingers crossed :D

Edited by heddi
WendyH, Sleevalicious and KMFL28 like this

No one likes fats on the body. My sister was also worried about her fat thighs. Someone suggested her about programme sportif. The programme sportif is beneficial to tone the body. She was able to lose extra fats and weight with this method. Also, certain exercises like curtsy lunge, table top cross overs and pulsing leg lifts can be useful to lose thigh fats.