AmberBehindTheChair

Today was supposed to be my day..

26 posts in this topic

My surgery was canceled. At my pre op appointment with the hospital they preformed an EKG and it came back abnormal. I was assured "No news is good news!" 4 days later I got a call saying the hospital didnt feel it was okay to go ahead with surgery without clearance from a cardiologists. The soonest available is June 1st for testing. I should be driving to the hospital right now for surgery...Im so emotional about it. 

Readytotransform likes this

I'm so sorry Amber.  But hopefully this is just a minor bump in the road and you'll get your cardiac clearance soon.

AmberBehindTheChair likes this

Oh, Amber.  I am so sorry.  I also didn't get my surgery on its original date and it was so devastating to me.  I thought it was going to be a whole other year.  I was the heaviest I'd ever been in my life, heavier even than I was at 42 weeks pregnant with my 9lb son! I was so uncomfortable, plus the emotional toll of waiting for surgery, having your heart set on the date, and blammo, no surgery.  It just plain sucked. 

I ended up getting my surgery a month later! I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get it done much sooner than I thought.  I'm sure it will be the same for you.  Also, in the bigger picture, it's better for you to get that ticker taken care of before having surgery.  I'm sure it's all going to work out very soon. I'm sorry you're going through this, I have felt your pain! hugs..

Hang in there Amber, it will happen.  I had an abnormal EKG too, but it was a couple of months before my surgery date, I was cleared by my cardiologist and soon after, BOOM!!!  surgery.  Please keep us posted.

I has to have an echo following my EKG. That little lady pushed hard! Your time will come. We are all here for you.

Awwe hang in there girl. June will come fast keep us posted 

Thank you so much everyone, it helped me get thru yesterday! 

bellamoma likes this

When god got a plan nothing can stop it

cinwa, Murk, SweetP and 2 others like this

So sorry this is happening to you.  I also had my surgery delayed because of an abnormal EKG reading, which they didn't even notice until I was doing my pre-op the week before surgery.  Because this surgery is considered elective they double check everything. I had to do a stress-test and they determined that everything was okay and my surgery was done about week later because I pushed them to do the tests quickly.  Hang in there and keep the faith!

1 hour ago, SweetP said:

So sorry this is happening to you.  I also had my surgery delayed because of an abnormal EKG reading, which they didn't even notice until I was doing my pre-op the week before surgery.  Because this surgery is considered elective they double check everything. I had to do a stress-test and they determined that everything was okay and my surgery was done about week later because I pushed them to do the tests quickly.  Hang in there and keep the faith!

You are sooo right! I felt defeated at first but now Im determined to get the tests done sooner then June 1st. Im waiting on a call back from my primary to get a sooner date with the cardiology dept at the hospital rather then wait for my cardiologist. Cant wait to update eveyone!

Raeme, Clickin, SweetP and 1 other like this

Amber, I'm so sorry about the delay. If memory serves, this is the second delay. The first was just enough to wreak havoc with your work schedule, and now this. Good that you're being proactive about seeing a cardiologist to get the cardiac clearance. I'm confident that everything is fine, but it's best to be sure. You'll get there.

Little bird likes this

Tomorrow I find out my results with the cardiologist. I had a sonogram of my heart and wore a heart monitors for 24hrs. Fingers crossed he clears me & Ill get to recieve my 3rd surgery date! Trying to keep a positive outlook and finally get sleeved! Ill be sure to update as soon as I know :)  3rd time is a charm right?!

Leilani, Cheesehead, SweetP and 3 others like this

fingers crossed!!!!!

I hope everything works out okay for you!!!!

Be glad they are taking the "better safe than sorry" approach. I know it's frustrating but it is better than ending up a statistic. I know I would be so bummed in your position but I would also be glad my surgical team had my best interests in mind. Let's hope this is just a minor hiccup in your journey.

Welp...the front desk at the cardiologist office lost my insurance approval for my stress test so it wasnt scheduled last week with all my other testing. So I wasnt cleared. I havent been that angry in awhile...this office has prolonged my surgery 2 months now because of their mistakes. I did learn about why my EKG was abnormal. One part of my heart is enlarged, it fills with too much blood. So as my heart contracts a small amount of blood goes in the wrong direction. It is enlarged because of being overweight for all of my life. If I gain weight or stay the same over time my heart will begin to fail. Scary thought at only 29.Good to know and I cant wait to have surgery to avoid heart failure! Monday is my 4 hour stress test, wish me luck!

LeeC likes this

On one hand it's good that you're getting the thorough workup that you need prior to your surgery, but on the other it's infuriating that process issues are adding to your delays. Hang in there. It will happen for you, and your surgical team will have the information they need to keep you safe. 

AmberBehindTheChair and SweetP like this

Keeping good thoughts for you Amber :)

Good thoughts and best wishes for Monday and then VS surgery soon after. 

Hope things come together soon!

Any news yet amber? Hope all is good.

16 hours ago, EileenFrias said:

Any news yet amber? Hope all is good.

I meet with my cardiologist tuesday morning to get my results from my stress test and I should finally get clearance for surgery. Which means I will call Dr.Callerys office immediately for a new surgery date!! Its been a long road right at the homestretch. 

Velli likes this

yay glad to hear that. keep us updated when you get that date. :D

On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 9:42 PM, EileenFrias said:

yay glad to hear that. keep us updated when you get that date. :D

I got cleared! July 25th I will have surgery. Finally!!

LosingLex, WendyH and kluvkin like this

4 hours ago, AmberBehindTheChair said:

I got cleared! July 25th I will have surgery. Finally!!

I am so happy for you. I'll be on vacation the week of your surgery, but I'll look for how it went for you after I return.

congrats!!!! woooohooooooooo!