Jolls

Surprised to see me in this forum? I am.....

84 posts in this topic

Congrats and wishing you a smooth recovery!

Glad to hear that you're doing well Jolls.  Can't wait to see the results.

Res Ipsa likes this

So happy for you, Jolls! I'm so mad your mons didn't get touched. I know that was bugging you so much.  I hope you find out why? ugh. All the same, i'm happy that you're done and all went well. Keep us posted and happy healing! 

Scale 8lbs lighter late afternoon, fully clothed and full of fluids/swelling so sound like guess if 10-15 removed is pretty accurate. 

He did lipo the heck out of the mons I did find out and he seems to think it will shrink down yet. I don't really believe him though cause it was already floppy and big before he took more fat out but I guess we will see. I will like need some touch up as I am not very symmetrical (I wasn't to start with, my left side was much larger, so this is not a surprise) so will probably do the mons when I do that. But we'll see, the big huge mass is gone and that is the main thing anyway.  He didn't do more too the mons because there was so much done to the stomach he just felt it was enough to contend with fur the time being.  Technically the mons is a different procedure entirely so I can't be too mad about it hehe. 

Quite sore and really it's just the drain holes and moved belly button that causes the most discomfort. The actual hip to hip inscion just feels like I have a rash under there, which I did a lot of the time anyway so it's a rather normal sensation lol.  I'm too swollen to really see anything though (except for that stupid huge purple mons!) so BF will have to wash and cover it for me tomorrow and until I get the feel or can see it myself. 

bellamoma, Spunkycat and Raeme like this

Jolls-happy to see you out of surgery and on the mend!!

GRAPHIC PICTURES BELOW
   before and 2 days after, obviously a lot of swelling yet but wow what a difference!  (this was my first time seeing it too)  I have the "pull the stomach out" hole still there and notieable you can see;  the bruise right below it was from fighting the snowblower two days in a row lol.  My 30 year old appendectomy scars are gone which is soooooooooo wierd to see cause I've pretty much had them as long as I can remember  (in before pictures its why I look split down the middle, there was a huge scar in that spot and then one off to the side).

IMG_2108.JPGIMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2111.JPGIMG_2136.JPGIMG_2113.JPGIMG_2121.JPG

Edited by Jolls

Hope you are feeling better.  I think you are incredibly brave. What a change.  Fantastic!  You seen to be a person who recovers quickly.  I am sure when all the drains are gone and the swelling has improved you will be even more thrilled.  Congratulations on your transformation. 

Yeah sexy thighs eh.  There is what shedding 200lbs looks like!

happy thansgiving. 

Glad to hear that you are on the mend,

best...

Glad to hear you're on the mend!  Congrats!

On November 23, 2016 at 10:02 PM, Jolls said:

Yeah sexy thighs eh.  There is what shedding 200lbs looks like!

You earned every last pound of it.  I think you look incredible.  When I was much younger and would complain about some part of my body,  my mom would say "you have youth".  I now get what she means.  Your results are amazing with or without the surgery.  I know it was important to you to have the surgery. Celebrate!

I cried when I put this shirt on and looked at myself.  Its one of those shirts hanging in my closet I have been waiting for surgery to wear.  Just too tight to be comfortable wearing before and now... whala.   I see I'm gonna hate the back rolls now though!  But even so, I am so happy and feel so normal now and I'm no where even close to be healed yet!  Also 15lbs lighter so far with it cut off. 

IMG_2154.JPG

tmcgee, Clickin, LeeC and 5 others like this

Jolls, you look great. I can see why you bought that shirt, despite knowing it would hang in your closet for a while. It's very flattering. :) 

You mentioned fat back. I struggle with the same thing. This time of year I like to wear mock turtlenecks. If I don't wear a body shaper, I have 360 degree muffin top. If I do wear a body shaper, I have bad back bulges along the edge of it. If I layer on my arm shaper to tame the back bulges, my breasts are pushed out of the top of my bra. I can't win.

I found a product that I'm going to buy in a couple of months, once my weight re-normalizes. Once your swelling is down, you may consider it as well. The manufacturer is Shapeez (http://shapeez.com/), and the product I want is the Ultimate. It's a bra and shaping cami in one which is sold online and at Von Maur (located in Eden Prarie Center). I tried it on. It's extremely comfortable. It smooths the edges off the lumps and bumps. I want it and am willing to shell out the money for it. My frugal self is stopping me, even though my current size is overstocked and on sale online, because my size is in limbo at the moment. Check it out sometime when you make it to Minneapolis.

Jolls,

You are gorgeous! I mean absolutely beautiful! I completely understand struggling with what you perceive as the imperfections you see. I hope you can see the beautiful I see and go with it.  Hugs and support!! You are amazing!!! 

10 hours ago, WendyH said:

Jolls, you look great. I can see why you bought that shirt, despite knowing it would hang in your closet for a while. It's very flattering. :) 

You mentioned fat back. I struggle with the same thing. This time of year I like to wear mock turtlenecks. If I don't wear a body shaper, I have 360 degree muffin top. If I do wear a body shaper, I have bad back bulges along the edge of it. If I layer on my arm shaper to tame the back bulges, my breasts are pushed out of the top of my bra. I can't win.

I found a product that I'm going to buy in a couple of months, once my weight re-normalizes. Once your swelling is down, you may consider it as well. The manufacturer is Shapeez (http://shapeez.com/), and the product I want is the Ultimate. It's a bra and shaping cami in one which is sold online and at Von Maur (located in Eden Prarie Center). I tried it on. It's extremely comfortable. It smooths the edges off the lumps and bumps. I want it and am willing to shell out the money for it. My frugal self is stopping me, even though my current size is overstocked and on sale online, because my size is in limbo at the moment. Check it out sometime when you make it to Minneapolis.

I live 5 minutes from the Eden prairie center ;)

I have something similar to that for the back rolls already that does fairly decent already.  Its fine but there are some tanks I like with a more open back that doesn't really get "utilized" cause I have that spanx wide-take-up-most-of-back thing.  Even the shortee would be too "long" I think.   This is really just being picky though;  its literally only a few articles of clothing what I have isn't ideal for.   Just need to keep losing, the back rolls used to be less noticable (with binding) so its clear to me part of my weight gain went back into them.  And now with a tummy tuck I have to be extra cautions cause extra weight will go all other places but the stomach;  and more than likely into those back rolls!  Whatever we can use for motivation, right!

WendyH likes this

Oh Jolls!  You look amazing!  

holy smokes, jolls, look at you! dude when your swelling goes down you are going to be even more pleased than you already are- i can see the swelling and can see that you are going to have an awesome final result. I'm happy for you! 

(and jealous. did i mention jealous?):P

Happy for you.  Congratulations, healing vibes to you

Right drain came out yesterday;  left drain has to stay in another week.  I am so happy to have one free side!  Drains are like the worst part of this I think lol.

Looking over those pictures I did thought I'd update a little -  everything looks clean and nice in the pics.  But as time went on A LOT of bruising started to appear along most of the incision.  Again not super painful, but it definately didn't look as nice as those first couple days.   Almost 2 weeks later there are a couple heavy spots of bruising yet but for the most part it is all gone.  I also think I look much more swollen over all than those pictures show.

He did heavy lipo on my mons - that was like double the huge size it already was and purple as purple can be...and was hard...and hurts.  So really my mons has been my biggest issue with this whole thing.  I really wish he would have just snipped it off but I understand he was trying to be safe blah blah blah.  It is not really bruised anymore and the swelling is about 1/2 gone; it is hard as a rock and still pretty darn tender.  I have to pick it up when I sit - I have this huge buldge in my pants even with loose sweats ....  I guess I got a glimpse into the life of a man.... I now slightly pity you men and your junk lol.  

My right side is pretty flat;  I still have a slight puff/overhang on the left (which was the big side to start with) and my 'love handle' area still seems rather wide.  Only 2 weeks out and it taking months for the swelling to dissapate; hard to tell what it will really be like in the end.  I'm thinking maybe like those initial pictures 2 days post op look like maybe.   Its hard for me to imagine the left side getting flat or my 'love handle' area sink in enough to have a sort of hourglass shape....and maybe I didn't lose enough or have enough removed to warrant that anyway.   Not like I had this done at goal weight.  But we shall see.  Regardless it is 200x better than it was and I am so pleased and happy even if I look this 'puffy' in a years time.   (well except the mons, that will have to be addressed if it doesn't vastly improve)

Here is before and after of what it looks like sitting and the overhang.  Glad I did this!   He did any lipo on the upper abdomen which also annoyed me a little but looking at the difference between these two it looks like it was 'pulled down' about 3 maybe 4 inches so there is definately an improvement to the upper abdomen even though not lipo'd.  I still can't believe that was all removeable skin -  it still looks like a blob of fat to me.  And think - I lost 22 inches on my waist to get to that point of first picture....

IMG_2114.JPGIMG_2170.JPG

Edited by Jolls
Cheesehead and Raeme like this

Did you ever find out why he didn't lift the mons? 

Other than your issues with that, and I totally get why you're upset; you look great! I can't imagine how amazing you must be feeling even though you are bruised and sore. Are you able to lay on your side yet?

13 minutes ago, Clickin said:

Did you ever find out why he didn't lift the mons? 

Other than your issues with that, and I totally get why you're upset; you look great! I can't imagine how amazing you must be feeling even though you are bruised and sore. Are you able to lay on your side yet?

He said that because it was so much work done on the abdomen and he felt it safer not to to do the mons as I had enough healing to do as is but he did lipo the bejeezus out of it so should help from its initial look.  My theory is = he ran out of paid time.  Gotta think this is pre-paid;  they figure it takes 2-3 hours of work so that is the amount of time you are billed for on anethesia.  He only expected to take 2 hours - but it took him 3 to deal with it all so didn't really leave time for the mons.  That is more how I see it.  And also he warns on consult that may need to go back and touch up later on (especially in my case because I had so much excess; also no extra charge) so maybe he figured he'd just lipo the bejeezus out of it and clean it up on touch up. 

I can lay on my side, yes!  I don't lay on my left a lot though normally so I ended up not being on it much anyway cause it still wasn't comfortable.  I did find that putting the drain hose further back in the direction it naturally wants to go and then taping it there made a world of difference in comfort.  Taping it back and extra piece of padding under the binder I can sleep for a decent period of time on my right side.

1 hour ago, Jolls said:

He said that because it was so much work done on the abdomen and he felt it safer not to to do the mons as I had enough healing to do as is but he did lipo the bejeezus out of it so should help from its initial look.  My theory is = he ran out of paid time.  Gotta think this is pre-paid;  they figure it takes 2-3 hours of work so that is the amount of time you are billed for on anethesia.  He only expected to take 2 hours - but it took him 3 to deal with it all so didn't really leave time for the mons.  That is more how I see it.  And also he warns on consult that may need to go back and touch up later on (especially in my case because I had so much excess; also no extra charge) so maybe he figured he'd just lipo the bejeezus out of it and clean it up on touch up. 

I can lay on my side, yes!  I don't lay on my left a lot though normally so I ended up not being on it much anyway cause it still wasn't comfortable.  I did find that putting the drain hose further back in the direction it naturally wants to go and then taping it there made a world of difference in comfort.  Taping it back and extra piece of padding under the binder I can sleep for a decent period of time on my right side.

You're probably right in your suspicions. 

I'm a belly sleeper. I'm worried about that. I flipped over on my belly after my sleeve while I was sleeping in a recliner. Thought I was going to die. I'm not sure what my plan will be for after my tt. 

Today marks almost 3 weeks since surgery -  my other drain came out today.  I am drain free!  I am freeee!!   Those things are so annoying!

I lost 15lbs initially -  and then I gained 10 within two days; and now lost 3 overnight.  So who the bleep knows how much I actually lost from this lol.  I'm going with the initial 15.  Don't know why I'm gaining, super annoyed but such as it goes these day it seems.  Onward I plod.

I tried button jeans today when I got home now that I'm drain free.  At my lowest I was in 14/16 (some 14s, more on the 16 side though) and the last year or so I was back to 16/18 (mainly 18s).   Today the 18s are too big and I constantly pull them up;  but the 16s I can't quite button yet either.  If the 16s have some "give" to them they fit just fine though.   So it seems I lost 1 pant size.  Now I'm supposedly still swollen yet and supposedly am for months (I seriously don't know how you tell but I will just take everyones word for it) so I image this will change yet -  I hope it changes yet.  I mean I'm fine if it doesn't, whatever 16s are better then the 32s I used to wear but I seriously thought with the amount I had hanging there I would lose at minimum 2 sizes;  at minimum!  But yes Leah yes... you are only 3 weeks out from surgery, give it time.

It is rather crazy to think that my lowest weight I got down to was 196 and then if you take off the approx 15lbs of skin (heck at that point it would have been more) that makes me really 181 and only like 20 some pounds from goal.  If you think it if in those terms, that is pretty damn nice for 14 months post sleeve starting at 389lbs! (surgery day weight)   So really I got within 20lbs of goal weight.  Too bad I put on 50 since!

I go back on the 30th for another follow up; just so he can see how things are progressing.  I have healed quite well though and its really been smooth sailing.  After I see him on the 30th I head to the next place for my 4 year checkup !

Edited by Jolls
Clickin, tmcgee, Res Ipsa and 2 others like this