Jolls

Surprised to see me in this forum? I am.....

84 posts in this topic

Congrats! So excited for you!

Ohmigosh Jolls I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to see how you progress!

Great to hear it!

Congratulations on making a great decision! I'm very excited for you.

Yippee Jolls! I have a feeling this is just what you need to finish the race! 

3 hours ago, Jolls said:

I am booked for November 21st  :)     Decided to do it over Thanksgiving as I get a "free" two days off from work for the holiday so that is less PTO I have to use.  (though I have 181 hours of PTO right now so not like I really need to skimp hahah).  

Because insurance is not covering and it is all out of pocket anyway,  we are doing what he is calling 'full abdominoplasty with lipo'.    This basically will be the panni, the abdo without muscle repair, and light lipo in all the areas being worked including the mons which I thanked him like 100x for.  Hate the stupid mons.   Anyway;   because I have not had kids he said I likely would not need the muscle repair but not something he would know until he got in there (as it depends on how you carried your fat internally).  And because I do plan on having kids yet, we have regardless decided to do no muscle repair even if he finds it is needed once he is in.   I am perfectly pleased with this plan.   It was more then I was expecting initially and for far less than the cities and with the no muscle repair recovery will be much easier.   He said I likely would be fine with just a week off and then maybe 1/2 days or every other day after that for work.   I took 2 weeks off officially but likely will try and do as he suggests;  got back 1/2 days that second week -  but of course we will see how I feel when I get there.   Since I work from home - and if I'm just sitting around at home in a recliner anyway - I might as well just be working, is how I feel!

Hi Jolls

I'm glad you decided to go through with the plastics. I'm sure you'll feel so much better afterwards. And congratulations on getting a date.. Best of luck with your procedure and hope you'll post the after pics as you are truly an inspiration.:)

I'm delighted that you're going ahead with the surgery Jolls.  Congratulations!

I'm so happy for you and glad you are settled with a surgeon, date, and time off planned!! It's such a gift for you to be able to more forward with reconstructive surgery!!  

happy for you.

I am sure you will do well.

cathy

this is great news! so happy for you (and, if i'm honest, a little jealous). Cant wait for you to have it all done. You must be so excited!

Raeme likes this

I will be crossing my fingers for you!  I have an older car but it runs really well still so I put plastic surgery ahead of having a new car for many years to come.  Had surgery 16 September and glad I did.  

You have worked so hard to get your weight off, you have also been a vessel of information and strength to so many of us that I think it's great you have the surgery if it will make the outside of you match with your weight loss.  Saying prayers insurance covers all or most of it!

ThinCVT likes this

5 hours ago, Madison2015 said:

I have an older car but it runs really well still so I put plastic surgery ahead of having a new car for many years to come. 

My ins doesn't cover WLS, so this is how I got my VSG, too.  I was driving a rusty 1999 F150 and had been saving for years for a down payment on a new truck.  I ended up using every penny plus my income tax return that year to pay for VSG instead.  I've never regretted it for a second.  Now, almost three years later, I saved up enough again and just got a new (well, 2014) Ram 1500 with heated seats and steering wheel to keep my skinny little butt warm.  First vehicle I've ever owned in 28 years with under 100,000 miles, first car payment ever, and a pretty nice NSV.

LeeC, Clickin and msmarymac like this

Jolls, how are you doing...haven't seen you around here for awhile. Are you still moving ahead with surgery next month?

I'm still around, playing more of a lurker right now.   Busy with work.  Surgery is indeed still the 21st!

Clickin, Kim M, Dunndeal and 3 others like this

1 hour ago, Jolls said:

I'm still around, playing more of a lurker right now.   Busy with work.  Surgery is indeed still the 21st!

Excited for you! Please let us know how it goes!

19 hours ago, Stephtay said:

Excited for you! Please let us know how it goes!

YES!

My pre-op was yesterday - all go for Monday!   I'm so super excited.  I just can't fathom....  I really just can't fathom! 

16 hours ago, Jolls said:

My pre-op was yesterday - all go for Monday!   I'm so super excited.  I just can't fathom....  I really just can't fathom! 

I'm excited for you Jolls!

Don't forget to take pics of your before pictures (and after when the time comes).  

Wow Jolls! I'm so happy for you! Wishing you the best and praying for a successful surgery and easy as possible healing. I can't wait to hear how it went and how happy you will be! 

Good luck!  Jealous!

This so so great!! I'm really excited for you!!! 

So happy for you Jolls.  I know you will be thrilled with the outcome.  Heal well. 

So happy for you Jolls. Keep us posted on your progress next week!

All is well. Surgery at 8am and I was to hotel by 330.  It's 2am now and I'm pretty awake. Been 6 hours since pain pill and I feel pretty decent, definitely discomfort but not necessarily painful but I did just take a pill so I make sure I stay ahead of it.  I did not have muscle repair which is why it is likely not that bad and I can get up and down out of chair/bed/toilet on my own  I imagine if muscle repair that would be the case  

surgery took 3 hours instead of his planned 2 so didn't go as he expected but everything was fine  I see he did not touch my mons at all though as previously discussed so little disappointed  I thought if nothing else it was at least to be pulled up and snipped as part of the process but it wasn't touched   I see him tomoow and find out why  I assume since longer and didn't go quite as planned he didn't bother    

I was rather nauseous this time where I wasn't with sleeve or gallbladder surgeries   I vaguely remember throwing up when I got back to the room but that was the only time    I don't know why this isn't putting in any periods - sorry

anyway all is well and feel decent considering  I see him at 130 tomorrow (today technically now) and then go home Have drain both sides that will stay in about two weeks   Throat is rather sore so I assume I had a tube shoved down it  

i cant really see anything cause of binder but I definitely tell stomach is gone!  When they put my pants on I'm like hey look st that - they just pull up instead of having to pull out and over stomach hehe  my sleeve is very very vocal which is kind of odd to notice again   My mom keeps asking what that noise is lol  

msmarymac likes this

Oh and he didn't weigh what he took but he said he would guess it was 10-15lbs worth. 

Raeme likes this