Hi everyone.... So my 4th dietitian visit is may 31St but I have not been told to start the process of scheduling tests and such that are needed. Like a psych evaluation and such. Because I told then I wanted to stop my phentermine ( it's not doing any good for me) and I need to get back on depression meds. So my weight loss doctor told me to leave it up to my primary care doctor and my councilor on when they feel i have my depression under control and I am stable to move forward with weight loss surgery then I can make an appointment for a psych eval to see if I can move forward with surgery. I'm scared of how long it will take for my primary and councillor to feel I am stable with my depression. I just want this surgery so bad. Please help what do I do? My Dr appointment with my primary is may 11th to start depression medication. 

Nobody is going to prescribe phen  forever.  WLS is far more effective long term. I've been there.

Right that's exactly why I told them I'm not interested in diet pills.. I want surgery. 

I'm not sure, although it sounds like your doctors want you to be at a therapeutic level on your antidepressants before you move forward. This is very important ! You will not pass your psych eval if your very depressed. And from what I've heard, the surgery process can really be emotional. You need to be " armed and ready" for the emotions ( both good & not so good ).  I'm only pre- op , although I've been on phen  pills and those alone made me feel depressed.  Continue to go to dietician, make your changes slowly as you move through the process of depression and meds . You will be better in that regard!! Best wishes too you !! 

Thank you for your encouragement! I have started a new depression med sertraline and I'm feeling better already within 4 days of taking it. I have a med check on June 15th and counceling on June 8th and it's up to them to decide when I am stable enough to move forward so I hope I can be cleared by the 15th since I'm feeling so much better already.

2 hours ago, Sassyclassysteph13 said:

Thank you for your encouragement! I have started a new depression med sertraline and I'm feeling better already within 4 days of taking it. I have a med check on June 15th and counceling on June 8th and it's up to them to decide when I am stable enough to move forward so I hope I can be cleared by the 15th since I'm feeling so much better already.

Glad the sertraline works for you, it does nothing for me and I've been taking it for 3 years, time to revisit the topic with my PCP.

Ive also taken phen and made me very depressed. loss lots of weight. but after I stopped gained double back. Hope it all works out for you.

I have taken Phen...and I could not sleep and I was all over the place during the day.  WLS saved my life.  It is long term and a strong commitment.  Just be patient, it is a slow and steady process.  BUT, once your there, everything moves quite quickly.  Good Luck on your journey