ali94

Weight Loss At A Halt

5 posts in this topic

Okay guys, I'm looking for some help. It's been a little over 3 months since I've had my gastric bypass roux-en-Y surgery and I'm down 66 lbs, however it's been like that for a few weeks! It fluctuates and I haven't been losing any more. I want to know if this is normal, and hopefully some other people have gone through it and then it comes off a bunch again! I'm just starting to get nervous. Help please!

Hi. It's totally normal to hit stalls during the active weight loss phase. Jolls has a great analogy about weight loss being like stair steps and not a steady decline. Some suggest switching things up when you hit a stall- up your calories a bit or lower them or switch from cardio to strength training. I always just rode it out and didn't really change up things.  Track your food and make sure your eating on plan and the scales will start moving again. 

ali94 and Res Ipsa like this

Yep, completely normal. It's frustrating, for sure, but most of us experience them. Be patient, stick with your program (or mix it up as Dundneal suggested), and the stall will pass.

ali94 likes this

Stalls are normal - just keep doing all the right things (eat the right diet, drink lots of liquids, take your vitamins, and get some exercise (even if it just a long walk) every day, and the stall will end.  You can do it!

On 4/27/2016 at 6:09 AM, ali94 said:

Okay guys, I'm looking for some help. It's been a little over 3 months since I've had my gastric bypass roux-en-Y surgery and I'm down 66 lbs, however it's been like that for a few weeks! It fluctuates and I haven't been losing any more. I want to know if this is normal, and hopefully some other people have gone through it and then it comes off a bunch again! I'm just starting to get nervous. Help please!

I had the gastric bypass done over 3 years ago but it wasn’t right and was corrected last year by taking the men's weight loss program from a clinic in Toronto after which I managed to lose weight. I was gaining weight day by day where I was so stressed to see myself by just can’t stop eating. What helped me was the Harvey Brooker's 20/20 food plan( http://www.harveybrooker.com/weight-loss-test-drive/ ) which was a nutritionally sound one with no supplements or special foods, and no needles.

Edited by Ricky321