watersedge

Hashimoto's and getting the sleeve.

4 posts in this topic

I have Hashimoto's Disease and I am scheduled for Gastric Bypass sleeve in May.  I am at 214 lbs but have been gaining weight about 10 lbs every year.  I exercise and walk over 10,000 steps a day.  I  try to watch my calorie and carb count with every meal but with my thyroid issues it seems like a losing battle.  My question is has anyone that has had the sleeve with thryoid issues and lost weight?  Was it more difficult and slower because of thyroid issues?  I just hope that getting the sleeve will benefit me at all with the thyroid and will it be worth it or am I going to have this done and it won't really help me?  I am four weeks away from surgery and just nervous if this is really going to help me?

Edited by watersedge

I have it and had the sleeve 12-29-14. Did very well, actually too well. Lost too much. It was definitely not slower and my thyroid meds have been drastically reduced this past year! You will do great!

watersedge likes this

I have it and had RNY in Aug 2014.  I lost 135 lbs and have held steady now for 8 months. My meds haven't had to be adjusted. 

watersedge likes this

10 hours ago, watersedge said:

I have Hashimoto's Disease and I am scheduled for Gastric Bypass sleeve in May.  I am at 214 lbs but have been gaining weight about 10 lbs every year.  I exercise and walk over 10,000 steps a day.  I  try to watch my calorie and carb count with every meal but with my thyroid issues it seems like a losing battle.  My question is has anyone that has had the sleeve with thryoid issues and lost weight?  Was it more difficult and slower because of thyroid issues?  I just hope that getting the sleeve will benefit me at all with the thyroid and will it be worth it or am I going to have this done and it won't really help me?  I am four weeks away from surgery and just nervous if this is really going to help me?

I have hashI, and I got sleeved Sept 1.  My highest weight was 213 (recorded).  I know the sleeve is slower but I am thrilled with my progress.  I am at 158 now.  You are going to do great!