Trying

About sugars

Is fresh fruit good to eat I saw they have sugar is their sugar different than white sugar I just want help me understand

I didn't reintroduce fruit til I reached goal.  They contain carbs.  But it's natural sugars not processed.  They may make some people dump.  If I go to the store first thing in the morning and smell donuts, I get myself a fruit.  I figure it's better for me than processed sugars.  

Everyone has their own thoughts on this...

I eat very little fruit. Probably not even three servings a week. I don't eat it because if I'm going to have carbs, I'm going to have processed carbs or booze. But, I didn't do that until I was at or near goal. I ate a lot of fruit pre-op. I love it but just want to spend those carbs elsewhere. 

You are still fairly new in the process. I suggest staying away from fruit or asking your dr. what they suggest.

I have never steered away from fresh fruit.  Once I was cleared for it, I included at least 2 small helpings a day and when I reached goal, I upped that to 4 or 5 servings and I don't worry about the carbs.

Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) has been a problem for me since my RNY but thankfully, the sugars in fruit don't impact that.  

So your answer is that people with a gastric bypass have a wide variety of feelings about fruit.

Personally, most weeks I eat very little fruit, but if I am vacation in a place with great fruit, I will eat a lot of it. I do not dump after eating fruit. 

Sometimes fruit is too sweet for me, and I don't eat much of it anyway. I do like unsweetened grapefruit once in a while.

I eat Bananas, Grapes , Strawberries, mixed fruit cups, sliced Peaches , Raisins and applesauce I don't have any problems with fruit.

Channing

I look at fruit as good carbs but still monitor how much I eat.  I usually have fruit three times a week.