vsgme

E.D. and weight loss

4 posts in this topic

I have been having some E.D. issues, can get it, but can't keep it. Have read some articles stating that extreme weight loss can reverse the effects of E.D. I am working towards VSG surgery in Sept/Oct and would like to know if anyone had this problem before and if it improved or went away after substantial weight loss

Welcome to Thinner Times!

This is an interesting read (it references gastric bypass patients but there is no reason why it wouldn't apply to any WLS patient with a substantial weight loss).  There is plenty of good reading on erectile dysfunction in the obese male:   Sexual dysfunction is common in the morbidly obese male and improves after gastric bypass surgery.

Another good read:  Can Obesity Cause Erectile Dysfunction?

Obesity is related to abnormalities in the pituitary-gonadal axis and hypoandrogenism in men, probably due to aromatization of testosterone to estrogen in peripheral adipose tissue. Obese men also experience erectile dysfunction. Weight loss after bariatric surgery results in significant improvement in all these abnormalities.  

vsgme and Stephtay like this

I will keep this short. I did not have any pre condition issues, though I must have been pushing the envelope as I was diabetic and on 6 meds, including BP Meds.

The after is incredible, the difference in energy and stamina is amazing, for everything that you do. I am in the gym 3-5 times a week and exercising 5-7 times a week. this in turn improves testosterone levels and while the ladies lose in many places - we gain in places....I am going to leave it at that....you will not regret this decision. 

vsgme likes this

Thanks for the reply. I am diabetic and have high blood pressure, so I'm sure once they are under control, or gone as with many people I have talked to, the e.d. should go away too. I am so looking forward to the extra energy and truly believe I won't have any regrets!

duffman27 likes this