Sign in to follow this  
AmberBehindTheChair

Hairstylist!

Hey everyone! 

Im a hairstylist/salon owner in San Diego,Ca. Im a little nervous about client reactions and how long I will be out of work. Any other hairstylists out there? 

Not a hair stylist but people will notice as you lose weight.  Be prepared for those that ask how you're doing it; deciding if you want to share that you've had surgery or not.  Many of us share and many don't, it will be up to you and should be based on your comfort level.  There are honest ways to answer questions without sharing that you had surgery, saying things like I'm eating a protein first diet, cutting carbs, etc.  All of which are true.

How do you think you friends would respond to knowing you've had WLS?

Hi Amber,

I'm not a stylist but my daughter is.  She struggled with her weight and always felt a disconnect from her industry because it was all about 'beauty', 'fashion' looks..you know, all that.  She had bypass about 4 years ago and although she had no issues being out (she went back before she should have) she did find that as she lost weight it was much easier for her to do her job, stand on her feet all day, bend over the wash bowl without worrying her stomach was in someones way.  And then the fun really began as she dropped 100+ she has been so into fashion and having fun she has felt more confident in what she is doing. 

Hope that helps!