Donald_S

Pants won't stay up

3 posts in this topic

I haven't lost the kind of weight that many people here have, but I brute forced the weight loss without surgery (trust me, starving has been no fun).  But now I am having a real problem with my pants.  I've always had a really saggy belly.  But now with the lost weight, I have the same sag but I don't really have enough belly to keep my pants up.  I'm having to really cinch up my belt to keep my pants from falling down.  There is just no way I'm going to wear suspenders.  So does anyone have a suggestion about how to keep that from happening?

Thanks so much!

And on a related topic now that I think of it, do you guys just go swimming with the sag and say "screw it, this is my body", or do you have a way to make it so it's not bad?

When I was losing weight rapidly with my gastric bypass, I had to buy a few pairs of new pants every few months.  The worst part was when I would go through airport security, as they make you take off your belt.  Then my pants would fall down unless I help them up with a hand.  I looked silly doing this, but it was better than having my pants fall down!  :rolleyes:

I don't have sagging skin, so I cannot help you with your other question.

Good luck with your weight loss efforts!  Remember that the important thing is both to lose the weight AND to keep it off long term (i.e., for the rest of your life).  If you can do this without surgery, then do it (and I am impressed).