saramedic

The new me!

20 posts in this topic

Hey all! In May of 2014, I made one of the best decisions of my life. Before my RNY, I weighed 378 pounds. I was essentially disabled. I sat on the couch most of the time and hated myself and life itself. Today...I weigh 157 pounds. I play hockey at least 2 nights a week. I am in school working on getting my paramedic license back (I had to leave my job a few years ago due to my weight...never thought I would get back to doing it). I am able to run around with my 4 little nephews. My couch no longer has a permanent indent from me constantly sitting on it. And going shopping for clothes makes me smile and not cry. Sure...I have bad days. But life is so much better now than what it was. Not many people get a second chance at life. I'm taking mine and running with it (literally). Here are a couple pictures. The first is what I was when I started this journey. The other 2 were taken just this week. Hopefully they give those of you who are just starting this journey hope...you too can do it! One day at a time!

20140725_085407-1.thumb.jpg.e9698a3be1a520160211_114249-1.thumb.jpg.b440162b9c13VZM.IMG_20151231_220126.thumb.jpg.ff744f

I can tell you're the same person, but wow, so different. I'm so happy for you claiming your life back.

saramedic likes this

To be honest I can't even tell you are the same person, well done on your hard work.  You look great now!!

saramedic likes this

Wow!

saramedic and GigiGamerFreak like this

That really is an incredible transformation Sara.

saramedic likes this

So impressive! You look amazing and so much happier! 

Edited by BelleCurves
saramedic likes this

Congratulations! What a transformation! So excited for you! Thanks for being such an inspiration to all of us!! 

I teared up looking at your pictures and re-reading your post. Simply thrilled for you. 

Edited by Stephtay
saramedic likes this

You look f fantastic! I always wished I had the ankles to skate with, sadly, I don't.

GigiGamerFreak and saramedic like this

2 hours ago, tmcgee said:

You look f fantastic! I always wished I had the ankles to skate with, sadly, I don't.

Thanks! And trust me...my ankles weren't too happy with me at first...but thankfully, they have since learned. :)

tmcgee likes this

Thank you all! What a journey I am on. Feels so good to share pictures that I am not embarrassed by. :)

You can do CPR on me anytime. lol  (Seriously, you look great!) 

GigiGamerFreak likes this

Wow. You look amazing. What a transformation. How long did it take you to lose all that weight? Im just starting out...one month post-op. 

WOW, you look A M A Z I N G!!! I know you're happy & have to feel really successful! It' was a year in June that I got my surgery. Lost 86 pounds & ha, the goal weight kept changing... I think I'm done now... Been this weight for months. From 217 to 130.3... I'll take it. Very happy! 

I love to read success stories. Congratulations on a wonderful achievement! What a transformation! Truly inspiring!

Edited by Sleevalicious
Autocorrect interference

Wow, you look totally different and truly radiant! Many congratulations and thanks for sharing!

You look great! Congrats, oh the things u can do I bet it feels amazing:)

your post made me smile. lets me know that I can do this too. thanks

Beautiful in both but your happiness shines through in the second. A feeling I know well! Great job! I went from 332 to 140 now and still slowly losing. It truly is a lifesaver. 

Your radiant smile says it all! 

Wow, AMAZING transformation, you have become someone else. You should be VERY proud of the awesome job you have done and are still doing.