Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jolls

Peanut Butter Cookie Overnight Oatmeal

2 posts in this topic

Anyone that knows me long enough on here knows I love oatmeal with peanut butter protein powder added.   Not something I eat often at all; but boy I do enjoy it.   I came across this recipe and while I haven't tried it yet - I look forward to working it into a day very soon!    Obviously this is for someone not opposed to oatmeal carbs and/or for occasional use.   I have oatmeal maybe 5x in a year since I do try and limit my carbs greatly.   Anyway....

Peanut Butter Cookie Overnight Oatmeal

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
1/4 cup PB2  (the powdered peanut butter)
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbs baking steavia or 1/4c sweetner that measures like sugar
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup protein powder    (you know I'll be adding PB flavored!)

Mix all ingredients together, divude between 2 small bowls/mugs/mason jars.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  Enjoy cold or microwave for 30-60 second to enjoy warm.

The nutrition for the entire batch is as follows:

599 cal  48 protein   134 carb   74 fiber   11 sugar   14 fat

Again that is the nutrition for the entire batch -  divide it by 2, 3, 4 of however many of "our" servings you get from that.

You could sub chia seeds in place of some of the oats a well -  I'm not sure what ratio though.  Like 1/2 oats and 2 Tbs chia I might start with and if it doesn't firm up enough over night, try another Tbs of chia.  That would cut out a nice hunk of carbs while adding more protein and fiber.

SlimSmitty and Stephtay like this

Oatmeal is a complex carb, especially steel cut oats, and definitely not the super-sweetened instant packets! When I eat real oatmeal at 6AM, I am not hungry again until mid afternoon -- low glycemic index. Typically, I mix it with frozen fruit. Steel cut oats take a long time to cook, best to cook them the night before, in a double boiler.

Stephtay likes this