terrible30

Probiotics...what do you use?

What Probiotic do you use?  Do you use pill form or chilled in the frig form?   How long before you saw it "working"?

From what I understand, it helps with digestion and constipation so I want to start including it in my daily "supplement" routine.

Pb8 capsules two a day. I started taking them before I had a problem so I don't know when they start to work. Most days I'm fine in this department. I've had a few days where I needed miralax and twice when I needed mom. 

I'm another Nutrition Now PB 8® Pro-Biotic Acidophilus For Life™ fan.  I tried loads before but hands down, they are the best for me.

Also a PB8 user, great stuff, saw results within a few days.

Raw Probiotics for Women.  85 billion live cultures, 32 different strains.  And yes, it is refrigerated.  The refrigerated, ultra-multistrain products are the only ones recommended by both my PCP and Gastroenterologist.

Cinwa got me started on probiotic 8.  Pill form.  

Not a pill, but I have a Chobani greek yoghurt every day.

How many pills a day do you take?

Two

I just started to make my own milk kefir. I understand its loaded with probiotics.

On 1/26/2016 at 4:42 PM, terrible30 said:

What Probiotic do you use?  Do you use pill form or chilled in the frig form?   How long before you saw it "working"?

From what I understand, it helps with digestion and constipation so I want to start including it in my daily "supplement" routine.

I've used Culturelle. It contains Lactobacillus GG which has been studied for > 20 years. I think the data that a spectrum of bacteria is better than one or two key species of bacteria is just not there, although it is an appealing concept. I have found it most useful when I am travelling (to decrease the risk of diarrhea) or around surgery. I was recently on vacation and ended up being protected when others in family were not (they suffered....). I used it before and after my sleeve and had zero intestinal gas pains. 

I think of probiotics as helping to maintain an healthy intestinal flora (distribution of gut bacteria). If you suffer from constipation you may need more fiber in your diet as well as probiotics. I am currently adding about 10 grams of pysllium to my morning protein shake as well as inulin. Inulin is a prebiotic food for the good probiotic bacteria.