Sign in to follow this  
Julie_T

I've missed y'all!

I haven't been on for a few weeks maybe even a couple of months.  Everything has changed since then.  I've missed y'all.

Y'all know my 12-yr-old, special needs grandson came into my care and still is.  Well, his mom, my daughter has also moved in.  After an 11 year relationship ended - domestic violence, cheating with her good friend for years - she says she fell into a deep depression and couldn't get out.  When she chucked him out he snatched their 10-yr-old daughter and took off.  She wrecked her car chasing after him when he came back and snatched her phone and took off.  All that drama BS - who can stand that???

Now, she has moved in with me and  come to find out, she's pregnant.  She was devastated.  Even talked about adoption!  She is very far along, didn't know due to irregularity.  She's due next month.  It is a boy - Gabriel Alexander.  I am so happy that my family is growing but I know that she will need a great deal of help to get her up on her feet and to the point of self supporting. 

It took a very long time but I finally found a place big enough for us but the rent is very high.  Never, ever, ever try moving at the holidays...it has been a nightmare.

My stress levels have been through the roof and I have learned a great deal about stress eating.  It totally threw off my focus and has really slowed my weight loss.

Please lift us in prayer, we need as many as we can get!

I hope all of you are doing well.  I think of you guys often!

I liked that you checked in, not at your situation...  ;)

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through so much stress with your daughter. I can imagine how difficult that is, but I'm SO glad she got out and is in a safe place with you! That is a win to focus on, too. I hear you about stress eating, it can creep up on you and attack without you even knowing it. I went through that in December and finally realized what I was doing. I'm also glad that you realized what was going on so you can start working on correcting it.

Try the 5 day pouch test to reset your cravings and reset your system maybe? I'm doing one starting tomorrow. I've already had a cup of coffee this morning before I realized it, but I think I can still even start today. In fact, maybe I will start today. I need to.

You can do this! One day at at time, mama. I'm thinking about you.  

Great to hear from you, Julie. Though sorry to hear about the stress you've been dealing with. Your daughter and grandchildren are very lucky to have you.

im sure you'll get back on track and do what you need to. 

Julie, any updates? Looks like you've been lurking a bit. Let us know how you're doing.

Thinking of you!  It's never easy having family move back in.  Even in the best of circumstances..

Glad you're back, sorry for all the drama.  You are in my prayers.  I hope everything stabilizes soon.