tmcgee

Sweet corn

3 posts in this topic

I just ate an entire 12 oz. bag of Bird's Eye "steam in the bag" sweet corn, It's one of the very few foods I truly enjoy. Lots of carbs, but also 20 grams of protein in the bag, and I haven't eaten much at all today, a serving of Dannon Lite and Fit Greek and one 1.5" peanut butter cracker for breakfast, a medium black iced coffee from McD's, a half of a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch (usually have the same every day), a slice of deli roast beast, and the corn.

I feel satisfied and full. I never could have imaged feeling full on such a diet before WLS. Life is good today. One day at a time as they say, or as my dad used to say "Why don't you finish living today before you even think about tomorrow" -- I still miss him like the dickens after 30 years, but he shows up in my dreams every week and things he told me forever echo in my head.

JulieW, vonnie, LeeC and 3 others like this

My dad has been gone for 10 years. Died from ALS-so very tragic. Miss him too, so I know how you might feel. 

Its amazing how after several years you still don't eat much and aren't hungry. Hope I'm similar!

tmcgee likes this

My dad has been gone for 10 years. Died from ALS-so very tragic. Miss him too, so I know how you might feel. 

Its amazing how after several years you still don't eat much and aren't hungry. Hope I'm similar!

I hope everyone experiences what I have with lack of appetite, but I know it isn't universal, and it isn't nirvana either. Sometimes it is quite difficult to eat and I have to force myself. Still, I would rather be where I am than where I used to be when I ate for no reason at all. I had no sense of hunger at all.

LeeC and JulieW like this