Finally broke down and bought a wig due to hair loss from my surgery. I'm still only at 3 month mark and the amount I've lost so far is staggering. I am taking all of my vitamins and supplements and getting all protein in daily. The wig store I went to said she mainly deals with medical issue clients. She even said that if I could get my surgeon to write me a prescription for the wig it might be covered. Anyone purchased wig before and possible had it covered by your insurance?

I feel you, the amount of hair i have lost is insane i feel.  I have just passed the 5 month mark and feel blessed to have had a lot of hair to start with but feel you as i wonder about the wigs also.  Hang in there it is supposed to stop!

it does stop and will come back.  When I started to lose mine (about 6 months out) I just cut it all off and rocked a pixie cut for a while.  My hair dresser had cut it with the idea that it would grow back and it did - slowly but it is back now - a different texture - I can tell about my color since I haven't had seen my own color since I was 13 (50 years ago lol).  Keep up the vitamins and I take 3 ultra biotin (7500 mcg a pill) every day which I swear really helped a lot.

That's a good question about the insurance covering a wig. My hair started going after a month post op. I was using extensions but gave up til it regrows. It was difficult to hide the clips. My hair is thin, straight and blonde- there's no place to hide! Wish I had saved all those fallen hairs, it would have made a great wig!! Did anyone buy a wig online or did you go into a store?

I am having surgery on 2/25 and have already started looking at wigs online and in store. My hair is already thin from PCOS so I expect my hair to fall out quickly. Looking forward to sporting a wig though. Will make my morning routine very easy! 

Right now I am using that hair fiber powder stuff but its very hard to hide, so right now I wear caps. I am looking at wigs too, are the expensive?  I live in the south, not sure if I can handle the heat of a hat or wig when the tempts get close to 100°.

Wigs can be quite cool. You just have to shop around and find ones that make you feel like "you."  Also, I'm not a pusher of any particular products, but I will say that Maxi Hair by Country Life are excellent vitamins and have helped me tremendously. Worth a try.