ThinCVT

What surgery DOESN'T do - a must read for newbies and veterans

32 posts in this topic

Rivermom,

Why the cold feet? I can't wait to say i'm 24 hours out. I put this new life off long enough. Tired of being one of "those people" and all my back and joint pain. Not to mention sleep apnea, High blood pressure, pre-diabetic, and taking all those meds to keep myself from having heart decease. Stay the course, but talk to your surgeon if you have any misgivings. Best of luck...

53 minutes ago, Rivermom said:

My surgery is day after tomorrow. 2/21. Should I halt from doing this?

Why would you?

14 hours ago, Rivermom said:

My surgery is day after tomorrow. 2/21. Should I halt from doing this?

That is a decision only you can make. What I can tell you is this; I have not one single regret about having surgery.....zero.

The post was not meant to alarm folks going into surgery. Instead, it was meant to help improve their chances of long term success by alerting them to some of things that could impede it. I'd suggest also reading this article posted by another member to help put your decision into perspective:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/well/why-weight-loss-surgery-works-when-diets-dont.html?_r=0

Edited by Jabsie

Thanks for sharing this post.  It's important for an newbie like me to be reminded what WLS doesn't do.  

I'm really new here but reading posts like this one by ThinCVT are why I have chosen to join this forum and it really speaks so much to the genuine concerns I have about this surgery that I know is not a magic bullet but somehow people in my life assume that it will be.

A fantastically written article and a great one to keep in the back of the mind.  I'm pre-op and this has certainly encouraged me to keep these points in mind, especially as I often tend to struggle from things in my earlier years.  Thanks for sharing.

Really appreciate this too. I will take a look at the book cited earlier on.