¼ cup whipped butter, softened
1 egg white
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup agave nectar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup flour
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. baking powder
Recipe Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chia seeds on a baking sheet and toast for 10-15 minutes (make sure they don’t burn). In a large bowl mix coconut sugar, agave, butter, egg white, vanilla extract, flour, salt, baking powder and toasted chia seeds together until combined.  Use a spoon to drop ½-2 tsps. of dough, about 1 ½ inches apart onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Let cookies cool for about 2 minutes before removing from baking sheet to a wire rack to cool completely. Store wafers in an airtight container.

The only thing I substituted in this recipe is Honey for the Agave Nectar.   I got 28 cookies, but should/could have made them smaller.  For 28 as the recipe is (honey instead of agave):

71 cal  2.8 fat  12.1 carb  6.4 fiber  1.6 protein

Since I had to specifically buy whipped butter for this I decided to make another batch.  And since I borrowed the 1/2 coconut sugar from my mom and hence no longer had more to do a second batch, I decided to try Swerve as the sugar substitute.  They are more a fluffy/rubbery cookie then a wafer when using Swerve instead of coconut sugar.  The Coconut sugar also gives it the brown color, so my next batch is grey looking.  Still tastes exactly the same, but different texture.  (still used honey instead of Agave and 1/4 less then the first time, I thought they were a bit sweet)   30 cookies this method cuts out more cal and carbs:

55 cal  2.8 fat  11.8 carb  6.4 fiber  1.6 protein

Can see the difference the type of sugar use makes in the below.  Again, same taste, just different texture/color.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Jolls