ccma

Breast lift without implants

Hello!  I have a question regarding breast surgery.  Since surgery I have gone down from a 42F to a 34H.  I like the way I look in bras and shirts but would really benefit from a lift.  I am not really interested in implants, if they can be avoided.  When I have a bra on there is a bit of loose skin at the top of my bust but the cups are filled completely, hope that makes sense.  What determines if a patient is eligible for a lift without implants?  Thanks for considering my question!

Hello ccma,

Thanks for your question.

A breast lift without an implant can always be done. If the breast tissue is still firm then it will hold shape well and the breast will be full and round. But if the breast tissue is very thin and fatty then it will not hold shape very well and the breast will still be very saggy (ptotic) with poor fullness up top and in the cleavage.  For these breasts, an additional implant is often recommended to achieve the desired breast shape.

Your plastic surgeon will be able to advise you which category you fall into after consulting with you and examining your breasts.  Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Abhay Gupta, MD, FACS.

I was a 40 DDD and today I am 32 B.  I had a breast lift with NO implants.  I am extremely happy with the outcome.  I can go without a bra and those girls stay put!

I was a 40 DDD and today I am 32 B.  I had a breast lift with NO implants.  I am extremely happy with the outcome.  I can go without a bra and those girls stay put!

that's what I would do!  I went from a 44DD to a super saggy 34B.  But without the extra skin I'm sure I would be down to an A cup.  I would LOVE to not have to bother with a bra.

I went from a 44D (full D) to a 36C with no implants.  I am 54 in october and it just seems funny to me that I can go braless if I should so choose! LOL best thing ever!

Sandy

It's all about the breast tissue. I guess I had none so unfortunately I had to also do implants with my lift.....