BariatricBro

Bariatric Bros, Where You At?

What's up guys? Seems a little quiet around here. Let's change that up a bit.

I'm a 27 year old in Minneapolis, MN getting ready for vertical sleeve surgery come sometime in early 2016. My friend, TheColdestAugust, inspired me to pursue Bariatric Surgery after seeing her amazing results and I'm glad I did. Since going to the doctors, I've lost 13lbs (in about 3 weeks) adjusting diet and using portion control etc.

I'm fairly early in the process. Met with my nutritionist, met with the psychologist, and I'm two months into my 6 months of required diet supervision. I've also started to attend the support group "Images" in Fridely, MN at Unity Hospital. I'm going head on and full speed into this. 

I was incredibly inspired and invigorated that I just started plastering myself all over social media and the Internet. So, if you're interested in following my journey at all you can:

Go to www.bariatricbro.com

Follow me on Twitter at TheBariatricBro
Like My Facebook Page

Follow me on Instagram at TheBariatricBro_VSG

Looking forward to engaging with you in here and hopefully on some of those platforms as well. I don't know about you guys, and not to get all sentimental, but male body image issues are an oft forgotten topic. Let's change that here.

FISTBUMP!

Edited by BariatricBro

best decision I ever made was the VSG , had it done 4-22-2015.  I went home the next morning, doing the sips of water all the way.  easiest recovery ever, only needed two doses of oxy at the hospital , only Tylenol since then.  I started at 401 lbs.  as of today broke the 100 lb. mark  now officially 102 down.  feel great , walk 5-6 miles a day.  keeping up with my 15 year old son now , this has brought us even closer now.  bought a dirt bike and we go riding in the mountains together.   good luck in your journey.  just remember follow the program all the way and it will be much easier for you.   

Same stats and story as Rodzilla. Life is better now than it has been for as far back as I can remember. I feel stronger and more confident that I was in my 20's because of my eating habits and new lifestyle. It's been nothing but a good thing. Good journey little Bro! This is the best gift you will ever give yourself!

best decision I ever made was the VSG , had it done 4-22-2015.  I went home the next morning, doing the sips of water all the way.  easiest recovery ever, only needed two doses of oxy at the hospital , only Tylenol since then.  I started at 401 lbs.  as of today broke the 100 lb. mark  now officially 102 down.  feel great , walk 5-6 miles a day.  keeping up with my 15 year old son now , this has brought us even closer now.  bought a dirt bike and we go riding in the mountains together.   good luck in your journey.  just remember follow the program all the way and it will be much easier for you.   

Sounds awesome. You must feel great to be able to enjoy those moments with your son. I know that's one of the reasons I'm doing it. Whatever sport/activity my future kids hope to do one day, I hope to be able to show them the ropes, rather than having their cell phone in hand ready to dial 9-1-1 at a moments notice.

I'm looking forward to be able to play basketball again, go running. My STRETCH goal, is to get down to the doctors goal weight for me (which is 140-160) and then see if I can enter a Bodybuilding competition. Personal note--I haven't taken off my shirt in public since the 8th grade--so it would be a HUGE accomplishment for me to do that complete turnaround.

Bros out there... I had the bypass 8 years ago and would do it again.... If I wasn't afraid of insulting people or getting hit, I would have passed out business cards for my Dr. I went from 385 down to 175, 30lbs in the first ten days. I was shocked when I got on the scale at the office after ten days. Time.... Life's ups and downs hit and I gained... I gained 100 lbs over the last four years and hate it.  I still have no carbonation and get full fast and can't eat a lot. I'm stumped... I do snack wrongfully, so stay strong and stay away from snacks.  It was so easy when there was no desire for food... I thought holidays were gonna be hard but they were easy, there was no desire to eat.  So bros... Follow the diet to a T... Let this surgery scare you into following it hard.  It works. Make it to the eggs... That's when I had my first actual "ok, he really did something in there" let us know if u kept the eggs down