Jolls

Food of the Day (pictured)

Fajita steak strips, taco sauce, and cheddar cheese on half of a low carb tortilla. Sautéed spinach and Brussel sprouts for veggies. This is a paper saucer.

image.jpeg

Blueberry-topped protein pancake with sugar-free syrup and a sausage patty.

image.jpeg

Edited by Kimchan

This is the second time I've made a cauliflower (crust) image.jpeg pizza. It's AWESOME! I hate cauliflowe but this pizza is so yummy! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11 hours ago, JulieW said:

This is the second time I've made a cauliflower (crust) image.jpeg pizza. It's AWESOME! I hate cauliflowe but this pizza is so yummy! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This looks delicious!! Can you share the recipe you used?

5 hours ago, Raeme said:

This looks delicious!! Can you share the recipe you used?

Sure!

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

• 1 head cauliflower, chopped

• 2 large eggs

• 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

• 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan

• 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside. ( I lightly sprayed my parchment paper)

2. Use one package of cauliflower crumbles and microwave in bag as directed. 

3. Add to food processor and blend. (consistency is like snow)

4. Cool a little so it’s not too hot on your hands. Using a clean dish towel (I folded mine in half and was easier to work the liquid out. Cheese cloth doesn’t work-the cauliflower will seep right through), drain cauliflower completely, removing as much water as possible.

5. Transfer cauliflower to a bowl. Stir in eggs, mozzarella, Parmesan and Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper, to taste.

6. Spread cauliflower mixture into a 15- by 10-inch rectangle onto the prepared baking sheet or work into a circle. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.

7. Top with pizza sauce, cheeses and whatever else. Veggies should be sautéed for best results but not necessary. Place into oven and bake until the cheese has melted, about 3-5 minutes.

I used the green giant cauliflower crumbles.  (one bag) They’re in with the fresh vegetables in a microwaveable bag. 

FYI - if you use regular cauiflower and rice it, you can cook in microwave in a bowl (no lid) you do not need to go through the hassle of draining it.   8 min or so.    1 cup cooked riced cauliflower to 1 egg ratio.

2 hours ago, JulieW said:

Sure!

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

• 1 head cauliflower, chopped

• 2 large eggs

• 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

• 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan

• 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside. ( I lightly sprayed my parchment paper)

2. Use one package of cauliflower crumbles and microwave in bag as directed. 

3. Add to food processor and blend. (consistency is like snow)

4. Cool a little so it’s not too hot on your hands. Using a clean dish towel (I folded mine in half and was easier to work the liquid out. Cheese cloth doesn’t work-the cauliflower will seep right through), drain cauliflower completely, removing as much water as possible.

5. Transfer cauliflower to a bowl. Stir in eggs, mozzarella, Parmesan and Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper, to taste.

6. Spread cauliflower mixture into a 15- by 10-inch rectangle onto the prepared baking sheet or work into a circle. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.

7. Top with pizza sauce, cheeses and whatever else. Veggies should be sautéed for best results but not necessary. Place into oven and bake until the cheese has melted, about 3-5 minutes.

I used the green giant cauliflower crumbles.  (one bag) They’re in with the fresh vegetables in a microwaveable bag. 

5 minutes ago, Jolls said:

FYI - if you use regular cauiflower and rice it, you can cook in microwave in a bowl (no lid) you do not need to go through the hassle of draining it.   8 min or so.    1 cup cooked riced cauliflower to 1 egg ratio.

I think I know what we are having for dinner tomorrow night!!!

Lettuce wrap: rotisserie chicken, sautéed onions and red peppers, feta cheese and a drizzle of ranch dressing. It looks okay but it tasted delicious! 

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, JulieW said:

Lettuce wrap: rotisserie chicken, sautéed onions and red peppers, feta cheese and a drizzle of ranch dressing. It looks okay but it tasted delicious! 

image.jpeg

It looks positively yummy. I'm glad taste didn't disappoint.

My first day of pureed foods! Been on liquids for so long!  It tasted like a gourmet meal.  Crock pot slow cooked chicken and carrots. Mushed with a hand blender.

Yes I bought toddler size dishes and spoons cuz they are fun and I refuse to grow up! 

purreed1.jpg

Watching the Packer/Viking game... My game food...baked jalapeño poppers...

image.jpeg

10 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

Watching the Packer/Viking game... My game food...baked jalapeño poppers...

image.jpeg

Too spicy for me but they look delish!

7 hours ago, JulieW said:

Too spicy for me but they look delish!

These jalapeños weren't hot at all.  From our garden and the summer wasn't dry or hot enough.  Really mild..  Now, the Trinidad scorpion peppers on my back deck... Been told they bring tears to the eyes.  I won't try them.  

Fun thread!

Here's a picture of my breakfast of scrambled eggs and avocado.

IMG_0159.JPG

2 hours ago, Adventureland said:

Fun thread!

IMG_0159.JPG

Looks yummy!

3 hours ago, Adventureland said:

Fun thread!

IMG_0159.JPG

Oh wow....this looks amazing, and not just because I'm on my pre-op liquids! I love eggs and avocado. I am thinking this will be a staple breakfast of mine post sleeve, adding a a bit of salsa! yum!

Today's breakfast: Avocado and smoked salmon with a bit of cracked pepper.

IMG_0160.JPG

13 minutes ago, Adventureland said:

Today's breakfast: Avocado and smoked salmon with a bit of cracked pepper.

THAT'S my kinda food!   YUM!  hungrysmileys.gif

Lunch: Leftover beef pot roast, green onions, clementines.

IMG_0161.JPG

Tried tvp as a "cereal" this morning.  Half a cup portion pictured but I could only eat half of it. Different but a nice change from my standard morning omelette. I made it with 1/2c 2% milk and just shy of 1/2c water then added a pack of Splenda, some cinnamon and nutmeg.

Half a cup-Not including the berries:

220 calories

2.5 g fat

20 carbs

28 G protein 

image.jpeg

Edited by Raeme
Forgot photo

Raeme - that's a healthy breakfast and a whopping 28g protein!

I confess, I've tried soaking TVP in milk but I don't care for the chewy texture.  My choice is to have it on the side with yogurt (plain Greek) so that it retains the crunchy texture.

1 hour ago, cinwa said:

Raeme - that's a healthy breakfast and a whopping 28g protein!

I confess, I've tried soaking TVP in milk but I don't care for the chewy texture.  My choice is to have it on the side with yogurt (plain Greek) so that it retains the crunchy texture.

I have to say I think the crunchy bite with my yogurt or as a topping to my salad are better. This was a nice change though.  You're right it is rather chewy.  I like the slightly nutty granola like flavor of the tvp. 

33 minutes ago, Raeme said:

I have to say I think the crunchy bite with my yogurt or as a topping to my salad are better. This was a nice change though.  You're right it is rather chewy.  I like the slightly nutty granola like flavor of the tvp. 

With just 80 calories and 12g protein per 1/4 cup, it's earned it's place in my line-up for sure.

What's tvp?

Julie, i think they're talking about Textured Vegetable Protein. It's soy based, usually, and it's found in a lot of vegetarian meats.  

By the way I am coming over so you can make me that cauliflower crust pizza!!