Jolls

Food of the Day (pictured)

384 posts in this topic

New thread time!   Lets to food of the day - picture style. 

I suggest just posting 1 meal/picture a day (if you are really into this).   It doesn't have to be "that day"... the one I'm posting today I ate like 4 days ago.

We have lots of threads just listing what we ate -  lets try and keep this a visual of what we ate too since people like to see what the amounts look like

What to do with left over crockpot plain chicken and tomatoes & cucumbers that are getting old in the fridge.....  you make impromptu chicken salad:

post-31510-0-53382900-1441471513_thumb.j

4 oz of left over chicken breast

1/2 half large cucumber (left over from my last creation with the other half)

3 cherry tomatoes

1/8 c shredded carrots

2 Tbs (approx) Walden Farms no-calorie Chipolte Ranch Dressing

210 cal   37 protein   7 carb   2 fiber   4 fat

This was like 1 & 1/4 cup food...maybe 1 & 1/2, I didn't measure it once all together.   I took an hour to eat it all.   Yes I know I did two bad things here:  ate more then a cup,  took longer then 30 min to eat.   But this falls under the "salad" category, there is not much bulk to the cucumber/veggies.  It was a lot though and while I should have ate most of it, waited, and had more snack -  I chose just to take a long time to eat it all instead.   This is what I was eating for lunch, so I just got it all down when I could.

Edit:  begging Pug was not eaten

Edited by Jolls

I don't know why but the picture is so funny cuz your dog is just staring, licking his lips like MIIINE! Lol.

JulieW and LouisianaLady like this

Great idea, Jolls! This will be fun. I made this recipe last weekend and it was a big hit. In all honesty, I don't cook very often, and we go out yo eat a lot. But when I do, it's yummy!

This was chicken breasts, butterflied and stuffed with apple slices and goat Brie cheese. Baked in the oven and then topped with English white cheddar and broiled til melted. Unbelievably good. I made the family toasted pine nut cous cous and I ate peppers sautéed in garlic and Pam. (For reference, this was on a salad plate, not dinner plate)

post-30984-0-68108100-1441472371_thumb.j

Next week is Rosh Hashana and I'm making a lamb tagine with sweet potatoes, cous cous and some veggie. Gefilte fish for appetizer :) will post a pic next week.

Edited by GAviv

Great idea, Jolls! This will be fun. I made this recipe last weekend and it was a big hit. In all honesty, I don't cook very often, and we go out yo eat a lot. But when I do, it's yummy!

This was chicken breasts, butterflied and stuffed with apple slices and goat Brie cheese. Baked in the oven and then topped with English white cheddar and broiled til melted. Unbelievably good. I made the family toasted pine nut cous cous and I ate peppers sautéed in garlic and Pam. (For reference, this was on a salad plate, not dinner plate)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Next week is Rosh Hashana and I'm making a lamb tagine with sweet potatoes, cous cous and some veggie. Gefilte fish for appetizer :) will post a pic next week.

That looks to be maybe 1/3 of a breast....  can you give a guesstimate?

That looks to be maybe 1/3 of a breast....  can you give a guesstimate?

It was 3 ounces. I weigh all of my protein still. The chicken was probably a little closer to 2.5 as some weight needs to be attributed to cheese/Apple stuffing. I can't eat more that 2.5-3 ounces of protein still. Lately, even less. But this was delicious.

Julie_T and mburnsb1 like this

Omg! Greer can you come for a visit?

GAviv likes this

Omg! Greer can you come for a visit?

Lol! I may be in phx for thanksgiving :)

azibclc likes this

Lol! I may be in phx for thanksgiving :)

You have to let me know.....We could meet for coffee :)

You have to let me know.....We could meet for coffee :)

I will keep you posted! My sister is trying yo convince us to go there...need to figure out logistics!

azibclc likes this

Oh Jolls this is a wonderful idea! Might be too soon for me to be looking at but it all looks delicious! And that sweet dog!

Yummy dinner tonight! Zesty marinated grilled turkey tenderloins (3.5oz) steamed green beans and a couple cherry tomatoespost-56018-0-34495500-1441584939_thumb.j

Clickin, Jolls, CeCeJD and 4 others like this

Yummy dinner tonight! Zesty marinated grilled turkey tenderloins (3.5oz) steamed green beans and a couple cherry tomatoesattachicon.gifimage.jpg

That looks wonderful!

And I am in love with your dishes.

mburnsb1 likes this

Picnic with fijitias (without the tortilla) and grilled corn salad. It looks a bit messy but was delicious! 1.5 oz of chicken, with rest of mixture 2 oz and 1 oz of the salad.

post-53366-0-82321500-1441593389_thumb.j

Bikeslinger, GAviv, Clickin and 3 others like this

Picnic with fijitias (without the tortilla) and grilled corn salad. It looks a bit messy but was delicious! 1.5 oz of chicken, with rest of mixture 2 oz and 1 oz of the salad.

This looks tasty no messy! I'm glad you guys are giving oz's good to see what that looks like in reality

Quick sautéed garlic shrimp and spinach.
This literally took 5 minutes to prep and 7 minutes to cook!!

6 oz cleaned/deveined shrimp
6 oz fresh spinach
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 oz plain Greek yogurt (for added protein)
1 oz low fat cheddar cheese
Minced garlic
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
Lemon-pepper seasoning
Curry powder
(All seasonings to taste)

-Sauté shrimp in olive oil
- add garlic, chicken broth and seasonings
- add spinach
- add Greek yogurt and cheese
- cover for 4 minutes
- ENJOY (Makes 2 servings)

post-47892-0-55968300-1441649121_thumb.j

Edited by FinallyImFirst

I haven't eaten yet today, just woke up. But I love this thread!!

I forgot to take a pic, but made the yummiest dinner last night! Mussels steamed in chicken broth and garlic with sliced spinach and mozzarella sausage. Beyond!

We were all fighting for the last mussel :) my kids can't get enough.

next month is a three-paycheck month.  I swear I'm getting a new cell phone and learning how to use it just so I can post pictures here and on what I'm wearing today. 

I was excited so I didn't take a pic before I mixed it all up :D  But I'll try to remember tomorrow night with leftovers.  I made chicken fajitas - chicken breast, green pepper, onions, salsa, and a sprinkle of cheese and sour cream.  I don't really even miss the tortillas!

Raeme likes this

Yummy dinner tonight! Zesty marinated grilled turkey tenderloins (3.5oz) steamed green beans and a couple cherry tomatoesattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Beautiful presentation! It looks wonderful also!

Tonight I had rosemary basil shrimp on a bed of seasoned wilted spinach. Oh and two delicious tomato slices! (I used a dessert size plate)

post-53366-0-94344300-1441762463_thumb.j

Leebo72, Raeme, Orthiababe and 5 others like this

Tonight I had rosemary basil shrimp on a bed of seasoned wilted spinach. Oh and two delicious tomato slices! (I used a dessert size plate)

That looks gorgeous!!

I had an amazing piece of swordfish out tonight, with sautéed spinach. I am guesstimating about 3.5 oz. it was ridiculously good, even though I'm not supposed to eat swordfish now :0

duffman27 and JulieW like this

That looks beautiful Julie! You know, we eat with our eyes first. ;-)

That looks great !

Jolls you come up with the best threads!