Bigfuzzy

Long Journey

35 posts in this topic

Bigfuzzy, I wholeheartedly support your decision not to share your surgery and do not judge anybody's decision on this matter. I will, however, simply mention that if you have found a way to dramatically improve your health that people you care about could also benefit from, you might consider someday sharing that knowledge so that they can benefit from what you've learned. Something about RNY seems to help diabetes beyond the improvement from losing weight. Just food for thought.

Don't think I will see a time that I would be likely to share with any of them, someone I knew well & thought I could help, maybe.

most of my relatives tend to think they are better than most & would be naysayers & spend time talking about you & how stupid

you are for having this done. my health is none of their business. besides I am the black sheep of the family, the only time they

come to me or talk to me is when they want something & I don't need the hassle. 

WendyH, LeeC and Cindypraying like this

When I started this in 8/14, the surgeon told me I would probably go down to 250lbs. I have gotten down to 250 this week, so I met the 1st goal at 3.5 months. when I had surgery on 12/28/15 I weighted 330, so I have lost 80 pounds since then, for a total loss of 164 since 8/14. At the last appointment I had with surgeon he told me I would probably go down to 180!!!!! I don't want to go that low would rather stop at 200 to 210. At 180 people would pick on me biglaugh.gifhe told me that I needed to go to that for the 10lbs I would regain. Does everyone have a regain? it seams that everything is going too well?
I have had no problems, very little pain & very few problems with what I eat. I don't think milk sets well now(used to love it) & I haven't tried sugar(sweets) I did eat some bbq that I could taste the sugar they used in rub before being cooked, they told there was none in it, until I talked with the cook. I didn't put sauce on it or eat the beans, I knew they were loaded with it. I have not thrown up or felt real bad with anything I have eaten, I have gotten an uncomfortable feeling when I ate too much.
sorry for the rambling, will try to do better next time.biggrin.gif

You are doing great!

regain?  I try to stay at 130 but I get in a mood where I have no desire to eat and it falls right off.  So I struggle to stay at the 10# regain.  During those periods I make sure I drink protein shakes and get my vitamins in but if I'm not feeling like eating I don't...I get supper on for my family and go sit in the living room.

Always been a Hotrod person, love Mustangs & Ford trucks & most things fast. Have owned 7 Mustangs & quite a few trucks & various other

cars. All my mustangs were gone & I wanted another for years. I worked on my sister in-laws 95 about 15 years ago. had to drive it about 45 miles

to my shop, it was a 5 speed car. 1 of the worst times I have had driving a car, only used the clutch 2 or 3 times in the whole trip. felt like I was a sardine in a can, that body style is 1 of the smaller ones.

was not wanting to put a lot of money in buying 1 & that body style was the only 1 that I thought I could afford. found a 94 that I liked the looks of

& I talked with my wife about it & told her I didn't think I would fit. she talked me in to going to look at it & now I own a 94 white Mustang.

I fit in it, not overly large but I fit with no problems.  

LeeC likes this

4 hours ago, Bigfuzzy said:

found a 94 [Mustang] that I liked the looks of & I talked with my wife about it & told her I didn't think I would fit. she talked me in to going to look at it & now I own a 94 white Mustang.

I fit in it, not overly large but I fit with no problems.  

Congrats on the new car. Things like driving the style of car we want are the fringe benefits of taking charge of our lives and our health. 

My former brother in law is 6'7" and somewhere north of 450#. He is a bear of a man, and he would refer to car shopping as "trying on cars". My cousin is also 6'7", but he's lanky. By virtue of his height alone, there are cars that will never fit him.

LeeC likes this

On 12/11/2015 at 1:27 PM, Bigfuzzy said:

Tuesday(12/15) it is preop day at the hospital, then to see surgeon. nurse that called

me to set this up told me to eat good this weekend, diet starts Tuesday. will be told Tuesday

what diet consist of. 

surgery to be on 12/28 at 10 am 

How did it go? How are you

well its been a year, damn what a year. I am down to 204lbs & a normal bmi. my weight loss had slowed before I broke my

at the end of October & has slowed more since then. I am struggling with backing off food since I broke my leg & not being

able to walk, per doctor no weight on it till after 1st of the year. aside from broken leg I haven't had any problems, especially

like I have from some on here & other sites. I haven't thrown up or felt like I needed to. didn't even have any gas pain when I got out

of surgery or after I got home. I still have the bottle of pain killer minus 1 dose(wife driving home) very little pain other wise. hopefully

after 1st of year I will be back on track. my wls surgeon said I may go down to 180:o. I would like to build some muscle back.

I know you ladies like shopping but I am tired of buying clothes. I am down from 3 & 4 x tee shirts to large (they are very lose).

if I wear compression clothes under them mediums are very lose. jeans I am down to 34 & 36s from wearing 52s & 54s. I still have                    a bunch of clothes to get rid of that are almost new. my type 2 diabetes is in remission, I was taking 4 metformin, 2 glimepiride, &

100 units of Lantus. 2 pills for blood pressure  1 for cholesterol. had to sleep on a cpap machine. also had meds for copd. the only take

meds for reflux & vitamins, surgeon also added iron after 1st blood test.

I went from 330 on Christmas day 2015 to 204 on 12/28/16. SO FAR I COULD BE THE POSTER BOY FOR GASTRIC BYPASS

SURGERY. HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY!!!!

GAviv, Res Ipsa, Cheesehead and 2 others like this

Congrats! That's awesome!

Congrats!  You're doing great!!