GAviv

Deep thoughts...

801 posts in this topic

Greer, I'd be inclined to trust the positive result. The negative one may be closer to its expiration date or less sensitive, and if you'd administered it in a day or two, it would have come up positive too. My very first pregnancy test ever came up negative; my nine year old son was born nine months later. :D

GAviv likes this

Congratulations! I would count the positive, tests measure different levels of HCG & have varying sensitivities. I knew I was pregnant even when the test was negative.

Sorry that the last 18 months have been challenging. Changes can be so unsettling. With recognition you can now enact a plan to overcome what has been challenging you!

GAviv likes this

You are an inspiration to me! I know you will get to the other side!

GAviv likes this

Fingers and toes crossed!!

GAviv likes this

Thanks, I just stocked up at target and will test again in the morning (and probably many times thereafter til Tuesday).

Julie_T and Dunndeal like this

Yay! Keep us posted!

GAviv likes this

I just came across this and wanted to first congratulate you and second, thank you for being so real here. Whether you're doling out tough love, fashion tips, encouragement or confessions, I appreciate what you contribute to TT. Will be praying for a successful pregnancy.

Clickin, Julie_T, GAviv and 1 other like this

I'm a little late to the party but just wanted to make sure you knew that I'm thinking of you. As a strong, confident, and successful woman I know it has to be tough for you to sometimes fess up to your faults--lord knows I have a horrible time with it myself--but it just points out the rest of us how beautiful you are inside and out. It takes courage to own and confess your sins and it takes BALLS to do something about it instead of making excuses and wallowing in your own misery. I know you got this and will do whatever it takes to work through this. If you need a spare ear or shoulder to lean on you're more than welcome to mine. 

WendyH, walkat103 and GAviv like this

Thanks for posting Greer. You've got this. You know how to take charge of yourself and know what you need to do. Stay strong.

GAviv likes this

I need to get on these forums more often.

You know, with both of my kids, I found the most sensitive pregnancy tests were the Equate brand from WalMart. Both told me I was pregnant before others did...even the most expensive "early detection" ones. 

Hopeful that the positive stays a positive! And that could explain the continued funk. Taking out the IUD, the changes in hormone levels, having your body level out in that department. It explains a lot. I've been having emotional issues as well and have been fighting back, though some days are easier than others for sure. I'm with you on that one. I've managed to stay away from the alcohol, only because I don't want to go out and buy it because I'm picky. But, when I go out, a glass of wine almost every time. I'm glad to see you started taking back control with the pouch test, too. And good timing.  :)

I'll keep you in my thoughts and try to stay more up to date on here. I would have missed something serious here! This is HUGE news! Definitely keep us posted. *hugs* !!!

Thanks, Steph.

Still no clue, I keep getting conflicting results. Bought more today. Yes, I'm neurotic. I'm sure this doesn't come as a shock to anyone. Why would there be a positive? If God forbid I miscarried, it would still show up, as I remember from 9 years ago. And still no period. I will have to just wait til blood work at my physical, but Tuesday seems so far away right now.

I'm going with "yes" for now, but really trying to prepare myself for disappointment.

Zen_Steph likes this

When I got off birth control in 2012 so we could start trying, the first month was chaotic. It took me six weeks after no birth control to get pregnant, but if my husband looked at me funny, I would probably get pregnant. But, I was using Nuvaring, not an IUD, so who knows. I can imagine how slow time is going having to wait until Tuesday. I hope it has good news for you!   :)

I was pretty neurotic when we were trying with our daughter, too, so I TOTALLY get where you're coming from. I think I took about eight positive tests before I went to the doctor, and that was over about a two day span.

GAviv likes this

Someone who gets my craziness!! ❤️

I was apprehensive about trying, because I wasn't sure starting over at 38 was a good idea. But I know I was just trying to protect myself from being upset if I couldn't get pregnant again. But now that it's a possibility, I can't think of anything else I want more right now.

Zen_Steph likes this

Both my sister and sister in law had babies over the age of 35 and everything went very well. You are taking very good care of yourself and I think you'll be fine.

lilrosie and GAviv like this

I was three weeks shy of my 38th birthday when I had my oldest son. I conceived the first month I quit taking the pill, the first month I ever tried to conceive. After miscarriages and fertility treatments to have a second child I had the twins almost five years later. Then completely unexpectedly I conceived spontaneously at the age of 44. I assumed I would have a first trimester loss, then despite normal results from the CVS, I was waiting to miscarry until I was 22 weeks along, and even after that, it didn't feel real until he was born. But then it felt really real the instant he was born. He was a VBAC after two prior c-sections, and the bond was instant rather than muddied by a drug-induced haze.

Advanced maternal age can mess with your head. I hope you get the confirmation you're looking for after Tuesday and that everything goes smoothly for you.

Zen_Steph and GAviv like this

Greer, couldn't you go to an immediate care clinic and get a pregnancy test so you don't have to wait?

GAviv likes this

So much is going on with your body! The most important step is done: talking about it. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

GAviv likes this

crossing my fingers for you tomorrow! i hope that everything is good with your pregnancy and you have a smooth one. :)

GAviv likes this

Crossing my fingers and hoping for good results!

GAviv likes this

As someone that worked in reproductive health care, our mantra was "a positive is a positive and a negative is a maybe you tested too early". Congratulations! Fingers crossed for a happy, healthy pregnancy!

GAviv likes this

I'm late to the party but wanted to say that I'm wishing you the best of luck and sending prayers for good news!

GAviv likes this

Greer, couldn't you go to an immediate care clinic and get a pregnancy test so you don't have to wait?

Wouldn't they just give me a pee test like I can do at home? Arrggghh!! I am going to make myself nuts, but it's almost Tuesday.

I have tried pretty much every brand in the store. Half are positive, half negative. Seriously. As I sit here and try to rationalize it, the miscarriage though keeps popping into my head. Medical people (even if you play one on TV...) will a PCP be able to determine if that is the case, or will I need to go to my OB? I was waiting to make an OB appointment after I got confirmation via blood test at physical.

Also, I drink SO much water and hot tea, I am wondering if I am diluting my urine? I have also been drinking a cranberry diuretic/weight loss hot tea and have no idea if that can screw with it? 

Late to the party as well.....wishing the best of luck and also wanted to let you know that I know a really cool guy who happens to Be a buyer at an Infant Formula manufacturer! hint...hint....LOL

GAviv likes this

Late to the party as well.....wishing the best of luck and also wanted to let you know that I know a really cool guy who happens to Be a buyer at an Infant Formula manufacturer! hint...hint....LOL

Thanks, Mike. Which one? PM me if you prefer.

duffman27 likes this

The best of luck to you, I hope things turn out as you hope!  Waiting to hear the outcome of this.....

GAviv likes this