NCTRNL

Weight lost over time...

I've been searching all over the place for more info on this but I'm bored at work and I just decided to go ahead and ask you guys. 

I had my surgery on 6/2, Started at 445, 419 at surgery, 397 now.

Everything is going well but I'm just trying to get an idea of what kind of weight you GUYS lost month to month. I know I'm just obsessing but I've been trying to search and find this stuff and I'm not having a ton of luck. 

You won't get one answer as this journey is very individualized in terms of weight loss.  So far it sounds like you have lost 22lbs in 3 weeks - that is phenomenal; beyond phenomenal.   You have absolutely nothing nothing to worry around.  You are far far ahead of the curve.  Comparing yourself also will do no good because there is only so much your body will do.  It is so completely dependant on the person and their body.  Some start slow and amp up, some are amped from the beginning, some are slow and steady, some stall/lose stall/lose stall/lose.  There is no way to determine it or even guess on how you will fall into all this. 

You an expect to lose 60-65% of excess weight in the first 12-18 months post op.  That is the only standard there really is.  Notice even in statistics they don't give an average month loss only what you can expect to lose in the year because this journey is all about the bigger picture and not day to do or even month to month.

Having prefaced that, I will give you how it has worked for me even though I am a female.

Mine amped up about week 6 which was two weeks after when I started back on soft foods.  I didn't track what I lost per month because it varied, I only have this larger span.

0-3 months lost 50
3-6 months lost 40
6-9 months lost 41 
9-12 months lost 34

Like Jolls said everyone is different so you can't compare stats to anyone else. I am a male so I will answer your question with my experience but my experience is not normal. My doctor said he has never seen anything like it and none of his patients have ever lost as quickly as I have. I work my butt off and do my best to eat "right" and I believe the combination is what has made me successful. I was 258 on my surgery day which was on Feb 2nd. I am currently 166, so I have lost over 90 pounds in a little less than 5 months. I will be honest and say since I've hit 166 my weight has fluctuated a few pounds and for the past 2 weeks I've been bouncing up and down between 166 and 170. I just started a new job which has impacted my exercise regimen a little bit which I think has a lot to do with it but also it seems like my body is "happy" with the weight it's at. Ideally I'm still trying to lose another 10-20 pounds but I'm not sure if I'll be able to or not. My doctor and NUT have both said they want me in maintenance mode. I lost about 50 pounds in the first 2 months and then have lost 40 over the next few months until now. Obviously the more weight you lose the harder it becomes to lose it because you don't have as much to lose.

As others have stated, there is no normal weight loss.   I had surgery on February 5, 2015 and started at 304.   My first month, I lost 42 pounds, second month 23 pounds, third month 16 pounds and on my fourth month 13 pounds and I'm currently down another 5 pounds for a total 99 pounds.   My initial drastic weight loss in the first month was a surprise and doctor was excited as he had not seen that before.   On previous diet attempts, I had drastically dropped the first month, but old habits returned.   I'm very happy with the decrease in weight loss each month and for the past month have been in a semi maintenance mode.   I hit my goal weight almost a month ago and I'm happy with my current weight of 205.   With my height and body type I look skinny and any more weight loss I start looking unhealthy.   I firmly believe your body adjusts to what it feels it should be and I had not nor had my doctor set a firm goal weight.  I believe the hard part for me is now starting - "maintaining". 

You're doing fantastic, you should be very happy. I don't recommend worrying about what others have or have not lost as like the others have said, it is very different person to person. Best advice I can give is to focus on your program.

You're doing fantastic, you should be very happy. I don't recommend worrying about what others have or have not lost as like the others have said, it is very different person to person. Best advice I can give is to focus on your program.

Paul said it very well....try to focus on your plan and goal. Use the advice and TT as a tool to keep you motivated and try not to compare your loss to others. ( easier said than done at times)

You are off to a great start...keep it up...happy for you!

I didn't mean to come off as not being happy with my experience. I was just looking for some data that I was having trouble finding. I'm just doing my thing every day like everyone else. I figured this type of data would be easier to find on sites like this. 

I didn't mean to come off as not being happy with my experience. I was just looking for some data that I was having trouble finding. I'm just doing my thing every day like everyone else. I figured this type of data would be easier to find on sites like this. 

I don't think any of us took as you are not happy.  But there is a hesitancy to share numbers by many of us (myself included) as many new post surgery folks want to compare their loss to others and can get disappointed when they feel their loss is not as much or as fast as they perceive others to be.  This can be one of those things where numbers can be detrimental. It is always best to focus on what you can lose and what you are doing to lose.

My surgery was on Mar 30 of this year.

I use FitBit software and the Aria scale. The weight loss stats are pretty helpful.

My one month rolling weight loss is always around 13.5-14.2 pounds per month.

My surgery was on Mar 30 of this year.

I use FitBit software and the Aria scale. The weight loss stats are pretty helpful.

My one month rolling weight loss is always around 13.5-14.2 pounds per month.

Yeah I use the Withings scale and I love the stats. Here's my current graph...

bV0T3eS.png

Each person and body is different. one day and lb at a time.

Edited by TheSatinPumpkin

You will hit many stalls as your body gets used to everything. My main stall was at 220. I stayed at the weight for over a year. I started playing with my calories up and down, till I stated losing again. I am mainly weight training, so I am increasing in weight, but the good weight...muscle!

i was exactly where you are and wondered the same exact thing... i also hated the response of "every one is different so i can't tell you"  BUT... its true!  And the stall thing is right.  i have had two major stalls in 5 months and they SUCK but they also end.  Plus you'll see that at the end of the stall you are slimmer... its just the scale that doesn't move.  celebrate the non-scale victories too or you'll get yourself down.  My first stall REALLY bummed me out but it ended and things picked back up again.  Also, the weight loss will slow down eventually.  after i hit -100 lbs i noticed i had to work harder to lose.  its a marathon not a sprint.  You're doing fantastic... keep it up!  i noticed our stats are similar so if you ever have a question or need someone to talk to then feel free to message me any time.