Amber76bailey

Portland Oregon area

15 posts in this topic

Hi there!new here and looking for others in my area!I'm about 2 months or so out from surgery date..... good samaritan hospital in Portland.

Sunshyne17 likes this

Hi, my name is Beth.  I started the process for VSG last year and had to back out due to a lack of funds.  I've secured funds and am back on track.  I go back to my surgeon on 7/16 and I hope to have a surgery date either in late July or sometime in August. 

Wow that's great! Good job on not letting the "money" be the deciding factor..... hope your surgery is sooner than later

NewB likes this

I hope to find out the date on 7/16.  I'll keep you posted.  What part of town do you live/work?

The yamhill county area. I hope to get my date around 8/16!

I live in Tigard/King City.  I just want to get over to the other side.  I was so set to get it done late last year, but we bought a new house and used up my surgery money.  I told my husband I won't wait any longer, I need to get this done now. 

Sunshyne17 likes this

That's great! Or you would keep finding reasons to put it off. So your insurance doesn't cover it??

Unfortunately, neither of my insurance companies pay for it.  I'm going to be paying it off for several years to come, but I believe it will be well worth it in the end.  :D

It will be well worth it for sure!

Hi I'm Shea and I have just begun my 6 months of supervised probation before surgery can be scheduled. I am located in Vancouver, WA and will have surgery at Good Sam, and so far I am very grateful for their program. Everyone seems pleasant and helpful. 

Have you attended any of the monthly support groups? I am thinking of going so I can hear from people that have gone through surgery and just see what life may be like on the other side. What has been the most helpful to you leading up to surgery?

August will be here soon - I'm excited for you!

No I haven't been to a group meeting! I really would like to do one or two before surgery. ..... what has helped me the most?...... research, research, research. .... this,forum has been wonderful. Just learning everything that will or could happen. Also very grateful my insurance required the 6 months of dietary and,exercise plan. It's given me ample time to wrap my head around eating high protein for sure.

Shea1973 likes this

Hi I'm Shea and I have just begun my 6 months of supervised probation before surgery can be scheduled. I am located in Vancouver, WA and will have surgery at Good Sam, and so far I am very grateful for their program. Everyone seems pleasant and helpful. 

Have you attended any of the monthly support groups? I am thinking of going so I can hear from people that have gone through surgery and just see what life may be like on the other side. What has been the most helpful to you leading up to surgery?

August will be here soon - I'm excited for you!

Hey just wanted to touch base with you again! Have you been to a support group yet? I'm thinking of going to one next week or the week of the 18th.... my surgery has been set! August 26th and pre op class on the 18th. Would you be interested in going with? Who's your surgon?

Hope all is well!

Surgery Monday! anyone in the Portland area around the same timeframe?

Sunshyne17 likes this

Hello Oregon/Washington Ladies :)  I know this thread is a bit dated - but I too, live in the Portland area (Tigard).  I just had my sleeve on August 2nd - I am now on day 8 and doing great!  I'm still on stage 2 food (mainly just water, premier protein and sugar free pudding).  How has the time since your sleeve been?  Always happy to read/hear about the journey and success stories!

I'm in Washington State - at the foot of Mt. Rainier.

I'm not a VSG'er but it's great to hear that you're doing so well at day 8.