hthe620110

feeling like a young buck

7 posts in this topic

I have noticed lately that I feel like a 18 year old going through puberty anyone else have this "problem" after surgery.

duffman27 and jilliebeanmn like this

I feel 20 years younger since losing weight.  Not a problem but a perk in my opinion.

duffman27 and GAviv like this

That is awesome. I should have done this twenty years ago, It would have been a lot better.

duffman27 likes this

That is awesome. I should have done this twenty years ago, It would have been a lot better.

I'd like to believe that I would have made a success of my WLS years ago but fact is, I don't know that I would have made a success of it.  I think you have to be at rock bottom with no where else to go other than up to make WLS work.

You are right, I probably wasn't ready for it. But it would have been fun to see if it would've changed anything

Edited by hthe620110

I have three friends who are recovering alcoholics. They said that they couldn't stop drinking until they hit rock bottom (health), had a REAL reason (personal), or a combination of both, to stop. They all felt at times that they could kick it on their own, but the bottom line was they returned to, or kept on, drinking having NO real desire/reason/ability to quit. Two of them made their own choise to stop (AA), one was committed to a detox center my his mother and wife. They did not stop on their own, they need help and support.

I think it is the same way with some of the people here at TT. Some hit a point in their lives where they pick WLS for medical reasons, some for cosmetic reasons, and some for both. But I think we all can point to a to a turning point where we realized that WLS was our best life saving option.

Thanks to the people here at TT your local group, we can get all the support we need to help us lead a heather and happier life.

FYI-I fall more into the "medical" reason.