cinwa

Our Cathy (Spunkycat) is out of shoulder surgery but in lots of pain - she could do with a group hug!

Thinking of you and constantly checking for updates! So many prayers your way!

Praying for you to have peace and comfort, physically, emotionally and spiritually, Spunkycat.

Sending prayers of healing

Spunky I hope you are feeling better each day. I send positive and healing thoughts your way

Feel better!

Corrine - any news from Cathy??

Cathy,

So sorry to hear you are struggling. Hopefully the meds will kick in so you can be more comfortable. Do your best to keep hydrated and up on your protein so that you can heal quickly. Sending positive thoughts your way for each day to be better than the last.

Edited by cherylm321

Corrine - any news from Cathy??

Cathy posted earlier yesterday afternoon - she's not having a good time of it.  

I haven't heard from her since:  

Thanks to all of you ,

The people on this forum have helped me so much. You will never know the depth of aid and support you have given me.

I am in a lot pain. Had to call my pain management doc and he adjusted the doses of some meds.

Hard to type with left fingers only.

I need prayers and support.

My head is not in the right space so I'm struggling with everything

Have to stop

Please pray for me.

Just had an update about Cathy.

Her entire right arm is swollen and she's in extreme pain.

She's doubled her pain medication on the advice of her doc. and that is helping somewhat but the downside is that she's more than a little groggy.

The good news is that she's getting her fluids in but not much protein.

She's doubled her pain medication on the advice of her doc. and that is helping somewhat but the downside is that she's more than a little groggy.

Poor Cathy :( a few days without protein won't do any damage, as long as she is staying hydrated.

Wishing you all good things.  Pain, pain, go away!!!!

I have to be honest, this is terrifying me. I have total knee replacement coming on Friday, and I'm still thinking of aborting it. Groggy, I can deal with, extreme pain is something else! I don't have much pain now, but far less than zero confidence in falling down because the leg gave out.

Tom, I know it must be scary, but that knee is dangerous.  You have fallen more than once.  You could break something important like your neck!!  Please don't back out. 

You and Cat are both going to be tripping the light fantastic before you know it.

Tom, I know it must be scary, but that knee is dangerous.  You have fallen more than once.  You could break something important like your neck!!  Please don't back out. 

You and Cat are both going to be tripping the light fantastic before you know it.

She and I have talked about it., and yes, I've fallen a dozen times,in the past few months. There are two hings that bug me, her experience and my lack of income while I recover. I have not yet made a decision. As a tech, I know I should, I'm working on it.

She and I have talked about it., and yes, I've fallen a dozen times,in the past few months. There are two hings that bug me, her experience and my lack of income while I recover. I have not yet made a decision. As a tech, I know I should, I'm working on it.

Tom, you know it's the right thing to do. Quality of life. Surgery, expected or unexpected, is never easy, but you will feel so much better after. I hope you make the decision to go through with it.

Xoxo

Tom, you know I am behind you 100%. You are doing the right thing. Don't back out.

*hug hug hug hug*

stay strong, cathy!

Best wishes for your speedy recovery Cathy!

And, Tom, from what I understand from people who have had knee replacement surgery, their quality of life is so much better once they recover. I am "looking forward" to having that surgery myself in the not-to-distant future. Best wishes for you as well!

Sending prayers!

get well soon! sip, sip, sip ... walk, walk, walk :)

part of the group hug to one of the most inspirational people here!

Update on Cathy.

The pain level is a little better,

She saw a pain management doc earlier this week and he tweaked her meds and things are a little better.

She's going for a follow-up today to have her sutures removed and she'll be starting her physical therapy 3 times a week so hopefully, that'll help a lot

Cathy sends her love and thanks for the prayers and thoughts - that has meant a lot to her.

Thoughts and prayers, Cathy. So very sorry that you are in pain, and this has been such a long and difficult recovery.

I just saw this post now.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Spunkycat!  I hope that each day you find some more relief...

Tom - I'm thinking about you as well.  Sending nothing but positive thoughts and prayers.

Thinking of you today spunky!,

Hurray for sutures out! And so glad you'll be in PT soon, to work on getting mobility back! Heal, Cathy, heal!