jtickle

Getting pregnant after RNY and PCOS

i have struggled with PCOS for many years. I have had unprotected sex with my husband for the last ten years and have never gotten pregnant. At my last check up for my gastric bypass, I was told my weight loss has begun to stabilize. After I had surgery, I had the nexplanon birth control implant placed and had a period for the whole time I had it. I had it removed last week. I am no longer on any birth control what so ever. My obgyn said it is fine for me to go ahead and try to get pregnant. He said if I wasnt pregnant in three months, he would start me on Clomid to help out. How easy was it for the others with PCOS out there to get pregnant?

I don't know if my response will be very helpful; it might be more confusing :) I got pregnant in Oct 2014, about 16 months out from surgery. Beginning in January 2014, I think we had unprotected sex *near the time I should have ovulated* probably three or four times. I wasn't always tracking my ovulation very closely. 

I didn't have pcos but I did have a miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy while heavier and seemed to have fertility issues cause of my weight. After losing 150 lbs I ended up getting pregnant very easily cause we used condoms 99% of the time it only took a few times with no condom to end up prego! We were happy about it though!

after 8.5 of unproctected sex with my partner...i never got pregnant. i was diagnosed with PCOS DEC 2014. 2.5 months post op im pregnant.

I got pregnant the first try, and had a nasty case of PCOS. 

after 8.5 of unproctected sex with my partner...i never got pregnant. i was diagnosed with PCOS DEC 2014. 2.5 months post op im pregnant.

This is an older post by now, but I was just wondering how you're doing and how your surgeon/doctor reacted to your pregnancy?

im doing very well.....i didn't give her a chance to react. i wasn't ready.