My Bariatric Life

Using my words to lift people up, just like Mom

6 posts in this topic

Someone posted:

Words kill, or words give life; they're either poison or fruit - you choose. Proverbs 18:21

And this made me think of Mom, who passed yesterday morning. I can feel her love all around me. I know that she is with me. And why this passage made me think of her is that long ago when I was struggling, and got hurt and then mad at her for something, she left a message on my answering machine after I had said some very cruel things to her. Mom said that she wanted to use her words to lift me up and she sang me a song. 

In speaking with Rev. Mark yesterday, I discussed the power of my words, and trying to understand that line between being truly authentic and posting online about my feelings versus how those words might then hurt someone. I asked, am I always to use my words to lift people up? And he said solemnly, "Yes."

I am honoring my mother, who was probably the most loving person in the world, and will only use my words to lift people up; to give life. Lord please may the Holy Spirit guide my tongue and my typing fingers so that I always use words of love.

Praiseiii likes this

So sorry for your loss. I lost my mom two years ago and she was a keeper! It was tough but faith, friends, and time have helped me remember her with joy and not pain. Peace.

My Bariatric Life likes this

So sorry for your loss. I lost my mother a year and a half ago, it's very tough.

I hope you find peace.  My mom is in ICU now, and barely hanging on.  It is hard to go through.

I hope you find peace.  My mom is in ICU now, and barely hanging on.  It is hard to go through.

Many blessings for your mom's full recovery. Peace.

Thank you, everyone. Mom was seriously ill for 16 years with a rare disease that robbed us of her long ago. She could not communicate or understand for so many years that I cannot even remember the last time we spoke. I do remember a wonderful week that I spent with her in 2008 and by the end of that week I could really see her declining; she was never the same after that. But we did have a wonderful life together and those are the memories and feelings with me now. I knew that she would pass this year, although I thought it would be in the Spring, so I had prepared myself spiritually. I feel her love. I truly feel her with me. I celebrate her life. 

Yes. I cry. I even hyperventilated when Dad told me, even though I knew what he was going to say. And I have been physically ill since getting the news. But Mom had a wonderful life and a big warm smile and touched ever so many people with her love. That is the joy that fills and sustains me. 

Mom went easily and Dad was with her the entire time. That is the blessing I had hoped for when the end would finally come. It is with Grace that my family and I now move forward with her ever present in our souls.

Edited by My Bariatric Life