I called my surgeon and am going in later today for an appointment, but thought I'd ask if there is anything else I should ask my doctor about...activity restriction or other problems this could be...

I have gained about 5 pounds in the last four days and my belly is very bloated. I had been having no problems standing straight up, but over the last two days, it had gotten harder. My belly protrudes and when I touch it, it looks like a rippling of water under my skin...like several small water beds in different parts of my belly.

I was moved from a binder compression garment to something more like spanx. I have since changed back to the binder and I can't get it as tight as I had it even right after surgery. It is also pushing skin/fat up and very uncomfortable now. 

In this time I was released to full activity and have run, biked, and done some light upper body weight training.

Other than a possible seroma, what could it be? Should I ask about more detailed plan to go back to full activity? How do I prevent this from happening again?

Thanks! 

Hello createchange,

You have a seroma.

Your surgeon will drain it, and might even leave a drain in if there is a large amount of fluid.

You will definitely feel much better after the seroma is drained.

Your surgeon will discuss strategies for further seroma prevention.

Sincerely,

Abhay Gupta, MD FACS.