Poifish

No period for 9 mo...

9 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I had VSG almost 1 yr ago. I had a period for 3 months post op then nothing for the last 9 mo. Now that I'm a yr out, I'd like to have the option to conceive. Is it even possible if I'm not having periods? I have an appt with the gyne next week to figure out next steps.

Happy holidays,

Corianna

Did you/do you have PCOS? That caused me to not have periods for years--but that was before my surgery. Very weird that you'd have three months of periods and, since then, nothing. 

Obviously I don't have any answers, but I'm proof that a body can have no periods for looong periods of time, then eventually "fix itself" and start ovulating. I hope you get some answers from your doctor(s).

i hadnt a period since 8/1. i still have been getting the symptoms of a period (headache, vaginal pressure, soar breast), but no flow in the beginning of each month. Wednesday i was diagnosed with PCOS, lord behold...the symtoms have came back to again today in the middle of the month with spotting. even though i was diagnosed with it...i do not want to claim it.

Did you/do you have PCOS? That caused me to not have periods for years--but that was before my surgery. Very weird that you'd have three months of periods and, since then, nothing. 

Obviously I don't have any answers, but I'm proof that a body can have no periods for looong periods of time, then eventually "fix itself" and start ovulating. I hope you get some answers from your doctor(s).

did you get pregnant after WLS?

Yep, I am pregnant now, praise the Lord :) 

Abstrakt likes this

awwwww! congradualtions. he is awesome!

*condradulations*

I had vgs 10/20/14 I got off birth control 9/5/15 I had a period for 3 months then stoped. Dec. 2015 was my last period. August 2016 was my 25th birthday and we have been wanting to get pregnant but didn't thing it could happen cus I did have a period so I did ovulate I thought. So went to dr. After 8 months I told him my story. He did blood work to check hormone levels... everything looked good. Then scheduled an ultrasound to see how my ovaries look. At that apt. The tech was really asking when was your last period I said December and when was your last pregnancy test I'm like December.... So we had a weird feeling about those questions went home took a test it was positive! Emailed my dr. Said we got home took a test it's positive. He emailed me back and said congratulations. By the look of the ultrasound your 5weeks and 3days pregnant!! Definitely a miracle, couldn't happen at a better time! From the day I got off BC dr said give it a year. I was loosing hope. Hope is never lost miricals happen. I'm 9weeks 4days pregnant now. And beyond excited!!

Raeme and Res Ipsa like this

Congratulations Nat Nat - that is wonderful news!

Nat Nat, I'm so happy for you. You caught a cycle you didn't even know was happening. How cool is that. Congratulations!