grapey

Pregnant! Wow! :)

Hey everyone, it's been an eventful several weeks. At 25 weeks, I started having lots of contractions that I thought were braxton hicks. Went to the OB, they did a vaginal exam, and they saw that I was already 2 cm dilated and sent me to the hospital immediately. So I've been in the hospital on bed rest for four weeks. I'm on procardia to slow the contractions (they never totally went away). The docs found that each contraction dilates me to 4. Not good.

As of today I'm 29w3d pregnant and trying to stay pregnant for a while longer! I don't know if I'll get to leave before I deliver.

The docs say there's no specific reason why this happened--it just happens to some women. It's not related to my gastric bypass. Because of my surgery, I'm healthy as a horse! I have to wonder, though, if all this is related to my severe pcos, which I thought was resolved. My doc says that if I want to get pregnant again, I can get some weekly progestrone shots to help my cervix behave itself.

I never expected this. The ulcer is the least of my worries now, haha! And I have to be so super vigilant about constipation, because being constipated can irritate my uterus. Every day I take miralax and colace and eat prunes and activia. It seems to work.

One RNY-related issue: My iron levels were low, so they gave me iron through an IV. But my OB had told me months ago that was a possibility, even outside of this preterm labor stuff.

I would appreciate your prayers for our baby. So far he has been doing very very well, thank God! Please pray that he will be able to "bake" for many more weeks. If not, I'm at a hospital with a great nicu.

Glad to hear an update, sorry for what you are going through.

Sounds like your doctor is on top of it. I will be thinking good thoughts for you! Please keep us posted.

I'm going to be holding you in my thoughts and prayers grapey.  I'm sure you're in the best of hands.

Thinking of you! Thanks for the update. Good job keeping that baby cooking through 4 weeks of bed rest - hoping you can get a few more in!

Sending positive thoughts for you and your little one!

Keeping you in my thoughts - please keep us updated on your situation. 

I'm still pregnant at 33w1d. Never thought I'd make it this far. Still in the hospital and hoping to get out this Sunday, when I hit 34w.

Things are pretty precarious--I'm dilated 5cm and (tmi alert) my bag of waters is hanging down into my vagina. So my water could break at any time.

I'm quite honestly pretty depressed. I've been in the hospital for eight weeks and I desperately want to go home. I already struggle with depression and this is obviously making that worse.

But I'm so thankful to have kept the baby in so long. He's doing very well and measuring ahead, I think. Hopefully he'll only have to be in the NICU for two or three weeks.

Glad to hear you're still pregnant. Sorry to hear that things are so precarious. You're into the period when every day your son is getting stronger and stronger. Even if he arrives today he's no longer a micro preemie so after a tour in the NICU he should be fine.

You have done remarkably well. Both you and your medical team deserve a huge amount of credit. You've accomplished something remarkable. Please keep us posted.

Ah Grapey! I can imagine how stir crazy you are! So happy that your son is continuing to grow within you. Try to remember how proud you will be when he has safely been born, you have fought for him! I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs! Jen

I had the baby June 15! I was 34w1d. I was dilating more and the risk of infection was high, so my doctor induced me by breaking my bag of waters. That last week, I felt like every day I could go into labor! Whew.

His name is Isaac, and he weighed 5 lbs 6 oz. He spent 12 days in the NICU, mostly learning to eat without falling asleep :) He's gaining weight and doing well. He was worth every hard day on hospital bed rest.

I gained about 30 lbs and lost 10 after giving birth. Now I need to lose the remaining 20 :) I have not been eating well. I'm eating a lot of junk. I need to get back on track with eating protein, not drinking while eating, etc. I'm looking back in my closet and seeing all these awesome size 6/8 clothes I have, and I need to fit back into those! I have very few clothing options right now, because I threw away all my "too big" clothes as I lost weight. I didn't want to have any "fat clothes" to fall back on. But I didn't think about post-baby clothes. OH well. Time to use my tool to get me where I want to be!

Congrats, grapey! I am thrilled to see this update and so happy to hear you and baby Isaac are doing well :)

Congratulations! I've wondered how things went. I'm glad to hear that Isaac is doing well. Dealing with post-baby weight is so very normal (not just post-WLS); you'll get it off again.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Congratulations to you and your husband Grapey on the birth of Isaac.

Grats!

I'm so happy to hear everything turned out ok...congrats!

Congratulations! We would love to see a photo!

Congratulations dear your story is encouraging a day you'll definitely loose the remaining weight.

Congrats!!! 

Edited by rt21212

Thanks, everyone! I'm not sure how to post a photo--can someone point me to some instructions?

My son has been home a little over a month and is overall doing well. He's kind of a fussy baby so we're figuring out how to help him sleep. The Happiest Baby on the Block is a lifesaver!

I did run into a big complication--see the ulcer thread in the Revisions subforum. The ulcer that I was fighting in March perforated a week ago and I had to have emergency surgery. It has been a huge ordeal. I was in the hospital a week. My RNY was revised, though I'm not exactly sure what that means. I'm on a good road to recovery, though, thank God. I will not even touch NSAIDs in the future (even though I only had a few this time!! argh).

Congrats!!!! How are you doing???? How is the little one doing?

I'm doing better. My stomach muscles are feeling much better. Still have a g tube which irritates my skin. It's hard not being able to care for my son like I want, but this was major surgery and I know it takes time to recover.

I'll attempt to upload a photo. He's doing well. Fussy at times but growing really well!

post-30859-0-16418800-1439870071_thumb.j

I'm doing better. My stomach muscles are feeling much better. Still have a g tube which irritates my skin. It's hard not being able to care for my son like I want, but this was major surgery and I know it takes time to recover.

I'll attempt to upload a photo. He's doing well. Fussy at times but growing really well!

He is just GORGEOUS!!

Aw, thank you :) I can't believe I gave birth to a blonde-haired, blue-eyed baby! My family is nothing but brown hair and eyes. My hubby has brown hair and eyes too but was blonde as a child.