grapey

Please pray for my kitty

15 posts in this topic

Lily is diabetic and in the hospital for diabetic ketoacidosis--a very serious condition. She doesn't appear to be improving and I'm very worried. I know she's in the best hands possible. She also has pancreatitis. 

I have already lost two pets this year. I don't know what I'll do if I lose her. My pets are members of the family. I am still grieving the loss of my doggie from January. 

Thank you for your prayers. 

I understand and am praying for you. 

Ah, I will keep your kitty in my prayers. I love my pets like family, too. Hugs. Jen

I'm so sorry to hear that Lily is not doing well grapey.

I'll be thinking of you all during this difficult time.  My furbaby is part of my world so I feel your pain.

I am so sorry. My pets are my family too and I've had a diabetic cat. Sending you and your cat healing and love.

Thank you all. Please keep praying--she developed some kidney complications. Unbelievable. :( She has had a good couple days. I'm praying for miraculous healing for her kidneys, and that her creatinine levels will drop. 

I am so sorry to hear that your kitty is not doing well. I understand how you feel about her. I feel that way about my furbabies too. Praying things go well for her.

Your prayers are working! Lily has been improving the last few days! Her kidney values are improving, though I'm hoping they go down more. She's eating and drinking. Today they're going to wean her off IV fluids and see if her kidney values stay the same--they do not want the numbers to increase. I'm praying for miraculous healing of those tiny kidneys. And that we can get her blood glucose under control. When (if) we go home, we'll have to give her subcutaneous fluids. She's becoming my special needs cat :) 

Please keep praying for my Lily. Thank you.

On the WLS side of things, I've lost three pounds since all this happened, even though I'm eating really poorly. I'm at a point where I really need to pay attention to not losing anymore weight :( 

Our furbabies are very precious parts of our family and you can be sure I'll be thinking of Lily and will keep those good vibes coming you way.

So glad to hear your baby is on the mend-scary stuff! 

Prayers.

I have a house full of cats and I breed Siamese.

I know the pain

How is your baby doing?

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while! After 13 days in the ICU/hospital, Lily finally came home. :) She's now been home for a week and is doing well. I'm still on pins and needles somewhat, because I don't want her to have a relapse. We're still giving her sub Q fluids to help her kidneys, which seem to be stable, which is good. Her blood glucose numbers have been all over the place but are hopefully coming down. I'm so thankful that she's eating and drinking and acting like herself. 

THANK YOU for praying. Please keep praying that she continues to improve. 

I'm not sure how to post a photo, but here's a link to a picture of Lily:  http://imgur.com/JCgHwN0

Also, here's a photo of my baby girl Elliott, whom we had to put to sleep in January. It's been a hard year without her. http://imgur.com/hZcbB4A

I'm not sure how to post a photo, but here's a link to a picture of Lily:  http://imgur.com/JCgHwN0

Also, here's a photo of my baby girl Elliott, whom we had to put to sleep in January. It's been a hard year without her. http://imgur.com/hZcbB4A

I'm so GLAD Lily is doing better! She's lovely. And Elliott ... oh, she's so cute I squeaked! I'm sorry you lost her. Boston Terriers have so much character. Been wanting one for a while now. 

Oh that's good to hear!!!!!!!