gertiebeth

Twin Cities

12 posts in this topic

My original support group is on hold for a maternity leave and I don't want to wait until December to be involved with a group again since I am not even 2 weeks post-op. I live in the Anoka area but will happily drive anywhere in the Metro area for group.

Any help please? Thanks!

I can't help with physical support groups in your area, but I'll have to say that I found TT to be much more helpful than any group I ever visited:) There is another WLS forum that is generally pretty active, too. And some folks participate in a facebook group, too. I know it's not the same as a face to face group when you really like to do things in person, but they may keep you busy and informed (and supported!) while you look for a "real" group. Good luck!

I have surgery on Wednesday, February 4 and am always Looking for support and people to chat with about it! How are you doing?

Lexuskela likes this

There's a group that meets once a month but I missed it. Ask Cheesehead for the details. Last time they met in the Bloomington/Edina area.

Yes.  We try to meet once per month.  We have a facebook page set up for meeting details, etc.  You are welcome to join us anytime!  PM me for more info on the facebook group, if you so desire.

Yes! Hoping to meet everyone at the next meeting!

Yes.  We try to meet once per month.  We have a facebook page set up for meeting details, etc.  You are welcome to join us anytime!  PM me for more info on the facebook group, if you so desire.

Thanks Jilliebean, I have PMed you for more details.

I've gone to a group called "Images" at Unity Hospital in Fridley since March of this year. They meet the first Thursday of each month from 6 to 8 pm; the group has both pre-op and post-op people and is led by a facilitator who makes it fun to be there. I'll add the Allina URL below in case you'd like to look at information about other groups/times as well. 

http://wellness.allinahealth.org/events/8180

Here's information about the Thursday pm group:

No Registration
is Required
Thursday, November 05, 2015
Address: 550 Osborne Road, Boardroom, lower level, Fridley, MN 55432

How are the Minneapolis people these days? Anyone out there???

Doing great in MN! 3 years on and I'm still at my goal weight. Still going to follow-up visits with my surgeon but have stopped going to group.

Where did you have surgery?  I was through Ridgeview - dr drew

We still get together, we're actually meeting at Roasted Pear in Burnsville on the 21st at 5:00. If anyone out there would like to join us, feel free!