Butterfly

My CD is coming out!

It’s been a long time since I have posted on here and that’s partly because I know the “newness” is gone. However, I still visit the sight on a daily basis to see the continued support that is received and given to everyone on thinnertimes.com. It’s wonderful! You all opened your arms wide when I came along as well as when Bill had his procedure.

I have seen three good friends from that point go on to have gastric bypass by Dr. Potts or Dr. Callery and they have all been positive.

I wanted to write today to not only post how great it feels to have lost the weight and admit to the struggles of fighting back to not going back to the bad habits that got me here in the first place, but also to try to encourage anyone who reads this post to know that their dreams are mere months away.

As some of you, (long-timers) may know, I have a passion for singing. I was the 2000 Karaoke Performer of the Year and have had showcases and such while overweight. Now that I have lost the extra baggage and am continuing to lose more, I’m sure you can imagine how much my confidence has skyrocketed.

One of my 2006 goals was to sing the National Anthem at a local sporting event, which was met in April by singing at the San Diego Gulls (Hockey) game! Another one of my goals was to record and release a CD this year as well. With the help of a local producer who is also one of my friends, I have achieved this goal as well.

I am happy to report to all of you that the release of “Songs From the Heart” is ready for release as of July 1, 2006! The CD includes 12 songs, one of which was written by one of my good friends, Carlos Reyes. It is called, “Whisper To Your Heart”. I have included a variety of songs as well as a Spanish one called “Sabor A Mi”, which translates to “Flavor of Me”. You all know by now that Spanish to English translation does not work very well. :rolleyes: It’s a romantic song that has a catchy melody, has been around for years and was one of my parents’ favorites which is why I included it in the CD.

If you are interested in one, you can e-mail me at irelak@cox.net. I want to thank you in advance for helping me reach my current and future goals.

Congrats, what a wonderful thing to meet and exceed your goals. You should be proud!! :D

I am blushing up a storm! Thank you for the wonderful compliments. I appreciate them and am happy to hear that you were harmonizing with me. We'll have to get together to do it live! :D As you know, it's something I've been dreaming of doing for a while and here it is...finally here.

Thank you again Friend! :o (((((((HUGS)))))))))

I am blushing up a storm! Thank you for the wonderful compliments. I appreciate them and am happy to hear that you were harmonizing with me. We'll have to get together to do it live! :D As you know, it's something I've been dreaming of doing for a while and here it is...finally here.

Thank you again Friend! :o (((((((HUGS)))))))))

After surgery when I am able to get back to work, I will get one. I can't wait to hear your beautiful voice. I know it is as beautiful as you.

I am thrilled for your dream come true.

After surgery when I am able to get back to work, I will get one. I can't wait to hear your beautiful voice. I know it is as beautiful as you.

I am thrilled for your dream come true.

Hi Blueyz~

I didn't realize that it was you! You changed your name! :) I would love to send you one. E-mail me your address and I'll send you a copy. I haven't been on line very much and don't know when your surgery is or if you've already had it. I hope all goes well and my prayers are being sent your way Doll!

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Irela,

I heard you sing on KSON a few days ago for a contest they are doing. I soooo hope you make it thru and give us all a chance to vote for you. Please let us know (or me if that is better for you and I'll post the info) when it comes time to call in and vote so we can all get you at that Labor Day concert. Hugs to you my beautiful, talented friend, Pam

Irela,

I heard you sing on KSON a few days ago for a contest they are doing. I soooo hope you make it thru and give us all a chance to vote for you. Please let us know (or me if that is better for you and I'll post the info) when it comes time to call in and vote so we can all get you at that Labor Day concert. Hugs to you my beautiful, talented friend, Pam

Let us know and we can all call. I will call as many times needed. You deserve to win:)

Irela,

Hi Pam! I was surprised to hear that you had heard me on KSON. I did enter the contest, but I didn't think they were going to play the try-outs on the radio. That's cool!! :P Bill wondered when you heard it and I told him I wasn't sure. As soon as I hear or if you hear before me...I would love it if I could get everyone's support. I would be greatful for that. :o Thank you for the feedback and continued support Pam and Blueyz. ;) I miss you both a lot!!!!

Hey sweetie, I honestly don't remember when it was 'cept it's been since I came back home after surgery (was home, home last tues) cause I was driving and it was fairly early in the day, like around 8-9 am.