kcfan01

Prayers needed, please.

36 posts in this topic

Thank you everyone.  It has been a really rough 3 weeks.  My dog, Max, had surgery yesterday to have a tumor removed and we should know in a couple more days if it is a fatty tumor or cancer.  His is one unhappy boy right now.  He has stitches in his stomach, and stitches for growths they removed from his two front paws, his hind end and one of his rear legs.  He has to wear a come to keep him from licking or chewing on the stitches in his front legs. 

My husband had his blood test to check his PSA to see if he still have cancer.  He got the results yesterday and it came back good.  He has to go back in 3 months and repeat it.  He will have to do this for 2 years and then it will be every 6 months for 2 years.  If everything comes back after that he will have to do it every year for the rest of his life.

I still miss my sister so much.  I know it will take time and I will have good days and bad days. 

Thanks again.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and the trials you are experiencing.  I watched my mother die in a very similar way just two years ago.  We were very close, and it was the most difficult, beautiful, and growth-producing time of my life.  The best I can say is to give yourself time and permission to grieve, in whatever way it comes, as it is different for each of us.  I will pray that the Eternal One, who provides in all our struggles, is holding you close as you walk this path.  In fact, I trust that to be the case.  May you find peace and comfort and I pray that your husband is well or healed (and your dog too).  Peace.

btw, routine comforted me, so maybe going back to some stable routines may help, especially when it feels like the floor has been lifted out from under you.  

Melraelee likes this

So sorry you have had so much to deal with.  I hope you continue to get good reports about your husband, and that your dog will be fine.  And condolences regarding your sister.  I will be praying for you.

I'm so sorry you've been hit with so much at one time sweetie......I know it probably won't help much, but try to remember that when we mourn, we mourn for "us", because we can't be with them anymore, can't see them any more, but they are just fine now, free of all earthly issues. Their energy/entity  has other things to do and new things to learn

Blessings

Lindy likes this

Right now I feel like if I did not have bad luck I would have no luck at all.

My dog, Max, had surgery for removal of a tumor and several growths last Tuesday.  Last night he was in a lot of pain and this morning he was limping badly.  We had been given him Rimadyl for pain and it was not helping.  So I called the vets office to get him seen today.  Meanwhile while I was on the phone with the vets office my daughter was carrying him down the stairs so he could go outside.  She fell and did her ankle in.  Once I got off the phone I took her to an emergency clinic to get her ankle checked.  After x-rays they decided it is not broken, just badly sprained. 

Went to the vets and she took off the bandage on one of his front legs.  She looked at it and said it was swollen but she did not think it was infected.  She checked the rest of his stitches in 6 different places and said they looked good.  She said the Rimadyl was more of an anti-flammatory medication so she added Tramadol for pain. 

My husband came home from work and said he had to call his surgoen because he has blood in his urine.  The doctor told him to keep an eye on it and if it increases he will have to come in and get it checked out.

Add to that my back has been really bothering me.  When I was heavy my lower back bothered me all of the time.  Now it is in my upper back between my shoulder blades.  It starts off with a burning feeling and then comes the pain.  Tylenol is not helping at all and neither is the pain medication they gave me for my joint pain.  So I need to make an appointment with my regular doctor.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.  I really need them right now

Prayers for you and your family, 2 and 4 footed.

Best...

Praying

Praying for you today. 

Praying.

Thought and prayers being sent as you work through these difficulties...

I hope all is well, and that you are able to have some peace and relief from your pain.  Know that lots of people are praying for you.  I think you are pretty brave!