kcfan01

Prayers needed, please.

I need a lot of prayers right now.  My husband has been diagnosed with an aggressive prostate cancer.  He had surgery Sept. 18th to have it removed.  Now it is a waiting game to see if a microscopic piece of it moved to another part of his body.  Then I got a call today saying my sister who has COPD is in ICU with pneumonia.  She is having trouble getting the carbon dioxide out of her body.  I already had tickets to go visit her on Oct. 21st.  I live in Nebraska and she lives in Florida.  I am stressed right now and feel lost.  When I am stressed I want to eat so I am fighting that right now.  Prayers would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I am so sorry.

I'll be holding you, your husband and sister in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs and prayers on their way

Edited by Spunkycat

Prayers to your husband, sister, and you!

Prayers.

Prayers

Prayers for you and your family. I know how that urge to eat can be when you are feeling stress and anxiety. Try and keep busy. Have a warm soothing drink, I have found that warm crystal light lemonade is quite yummy! I also will take a walk or just go sit outside (away from the kitchen ) and relax and meditate. Hugs. Jen

Thank you everyone.  I have been sitting by the phone all day and doing some arm knitting to keep my hands busy.  Again thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

I just got a call from my brother-in-law and the news is not good.  My sister is unconscious, on a respirator and has a feeding tube.  Her carbon dioxide level is down from 95% to 67%.  The doctor said is she does not wake up within a week they are going to do a tracheotomy on her. 

My stress level is through the roof right now.  I feel so helpless and cry all of the time. 

Please keep praying.  Thanks.

Sending prayers and hugs

Lots of prayers going your way. 

I join you in prayer even now.

Praying.

I am so sorry you're going through this kcfan.  I'm praying for you, and your husband and sister.  

Thank you everyone.  I got a call from my brother-in-law tonight and the news is not good.  My sister had the tracheotomy last Wednesday and the doctors said her lungs are in really bad condition from all of the smoking she use to do.  In fact they are so bad she will never be able to breath on her own again.  Her kidneys quit working today and there is nothing they can do for her unless she wants to be on machines the rest of her life.  She said in the past that she did not want that so she is going to be moved to hospice care within the next couple of days.  I have had my ticket to go visit her on Oct. 21st since last February.  She is not concious but I have the feeling she will know I am there with her. 

My husband goes on November 3rd for a blood test to see if the cancer has spread.  My dog (my baby) has a tumor and will be having surgery November 11th to have it removed.  And I got a call from the vet today, they had done blood tests that they do before surgery, and she told me my dog has high cholesterol and he may have to be put on medication for it.

I guess the saying "when it rains it pours" is true. 

Edited by kcfan01

Prayers

Praying for you.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support.  I just got back today from Florida.  My sister passed away 2 days after I got there.  She never regained consciounsness but I feel she knew I was there.  Even though her eyes were closed she would blink when I talked to her.  And she frowned once in awhile.  The doctors said the COPD and getting pneunomia destroyed her lungs completely and she would have to breath through a tracheotomy the rest of her life.  She did not want to be kept alive with machines so the decision was made to let her go.  She had been receiving and continued receiving medication to help her relax and not fight the tracheotomy.  They disconnected her tracheotomy, she continued breathing on her own for a couple of hours and then stopped.  My heart is breaking because I not only lost my sister, I lost my best friend. 

Next week my husband will have lab tests done to see if his cancer has shown up again.

And on November 11th my dog, who is a family member, is having surgery to have a tumor removed.

Thanks for listening.  I am feeling really lost right now and cry a lot.

I'm so sorry for this bad news, kc. I will continue to hold you and your family up in prayer.

May God bless you and give you His peace, which passes all understanding.

So sorry for the loss of your sister and best friend. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. Wishing you peace. Jen

Prayers for you today. 

May you find comfort in prayer, and know that you are never alone.  I'll pray for strength and hope for you.

Prayers for your family and yourself as well.