Last Friday, I found out I have been approved for RNY Gastric Bypass and now that it's time to schedule a surgery date, I'm getting nervous.
Things I'm concerned about:
1. Pain after surgery. I've had some pain in my life (period cramps, wisdom teeth, root canal), but I'm very concerned I won't be able to handle it. I also dislike hospitals, so I'm hoping I won't have to stay too many nights in the hospital.
2. Changing bandages. I dislike blood! I'm having the laparoscopic, so hopefully I don't have much to work on.
3. How long I'll be out for. I'm graduating December 13th, getting the surgery, then need to schedule a start date at my new career. I'm hoping it's about a month?
4. What if it just doesn't work for me? I've had such problems with every other weight loss system, what's to say this one is different. I feel like not loosing weight with this would be such a huge waste of time and money.
5. Extra skin. I'm only 23, so I wonder if I have enough elasticity that I won't need a tummy tuck?
I think I'm most excited to see some of my anxiety go away, and in turn the migraines I experience. That, and all the cute clothes
Any help/guidance anyone can provide would be much appreciated!