Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • entry
    1
  • comments
    9
  • views
    369

Oh dear!

darkandsparkling

367 views

So, first blog entry and it's a unpleasant one! lol!.... I did something stupid and had to send an email to my senior support nurse for support......well, the experience has taught me to not have anything outside 'my plan' I have created! the liquids are not rich on that!

Despite my senior support nurse being away on holiday, she still logged on and answered saying that I would be ok and not to worry....she said that there will be some things that I just can't eat, but that in a few months if you try them again (if you want to) then they may be ok that time! ....weird!  Just shows you how fragile you can be sometimes inside without knowing it! I certainly found out the hard way! Have absolutely no problems following the experience and feel absolutely fine! :-)

 

 

This is the panicky email I wrote the following email yesterday to my senior nurse!:

Sorry to disturb you, but, I have just been violently sick, threw up twice, in short succession; everything I had to eat came back up and then as there was no more it just stopped, and now feel as right as rain!  I am worried though, in case I have actually damaged any stiches or staples or something?  It seemed like my whole body went into spasm, and severe pain all over, and it was the worst I have ever felt while being sick, and a very frightening feeling.
 
I can only assume that it was down to what I had just had.....I had drunk quite a large glass of milk, and not by sipping it either, which I know I should have done, I just didn't think.....then, as I was thinking of going to get some Bouillon for lunch, my house share mate said he had some really tasty gravy leftover from his cooking for his lunch, and said why didn't I have it...well, I did, and it was lovely, but very spicy and very rich....I guess it was too rich for me, coupled with the glass of whole milk I had (which was also his as I had run out of my skimmed and haven't been to the shops yet), I guess my body just expelled it. 
 
What should I do? If anything? (apart from not doing that again).  Will I be ok?
 

 


tmcgee likes this


9 Comments


I still have a problem 2 or 3 times a month eating too fast or two much or not chewing enough, and all it can do is come back up. The first time it happened was the 3rd day home from the hospital and I don't even remember what I tried to eat, although I'm quite sure it was well before the time I should have been eating it. I think it was a scrambled egg and I didn't get past the second or third bite.

darkandsparkling likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment

Whole milk has around 8g of fat per cup  and that alone would have been enough to upset me early out but coupled with what I suspect may not have been a healthy (probably high in fat) gravy from your house share mate may possibly have been a bad combination.

darkandsparkling and tmcgee like this

Share this comment


Link to comment

I'm not a bypasser I'm a sleever but early on recommendations are more or less similar. You have to treat your pouch/sleeve like a baby and respect the progression in the consistency of your intake. Of course every surgeon has his or her own program but basically you have to start with clear liquids then full liquids then pureed then soft foods and finally regular eating. I suppose this first experience was pretty impressive. Pls be careful as it can be dangerous not to respect your dr's recommendations. Your staples/stitches are not healed yet. It takes 6 to 8 weeks for them to mend. At our age (I'm 55) it takes even longer.

darkandsparkling likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 hours ago, tmcgee said:

I still have a problem 2 or 3 times a month eating too fast or two much or not chewing enough, and all it can do is come back up. The first time it happened was the 3rd day home from the hospital and I don't even remember what I tried to eat, although I'm quite sure it was well before the time I should have been eating it. I think it was a scrambled egg and I didn't get past the second or third bite.

Oh no! that must have been horrendous on only the 3rd day!  You're right; I will definitely have to slow down my eating, I have always eaten fast from being a little girl. Thank-you for the reply :-)

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, Sleevalicious said:

I'm not a bypasser I'm a sleever but early on recommendations are more or less similar. You have to treat your pouch/sleeve like a baby and respect the progression in the consistency of your intake. Of course every surgeon has his or her own program but basically you have to start with clear liquids then full liquids then pureed then soft foods and finally regular eating. I suppose this first experience was pretty impressive. Pls be careful as it can be dangerous not to respect your dr's recommendations. Your staples/stitches are not healed yet. It takes 6 to 8 weeks for them to mend. At our age (I'm 55) it takes even longer.

I will be careful Sleevalicious, thank-you :-) Yes, this experience was indeed impressive! :-(  However, a good lesson learned I think! I shan't do it again! Thanks for the reply :-)

Sleevalicious likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 hours ago, cinwa said:

Whole milk has around 8g of fat per cup  and that alone would have been enough to upset me early out but coupled with what I suspect may not have been a healthy (probably high in fat) gravy from your house share mate may possibly have been a bad combination.

Oh, don't worry cinwa, it wasn't whole milk I drank; it was skimmed.  I really found whole milk way to rich for me, before I had my operation, let alone after! :-)  But yes, the gravy thing was stupid, and you are right, it probably was a really bad combination! :-)  I thought "it's ok as it's liquid", but I shouldn't have had even that because I am totally aware of different things he concocts whilst in the kitchen! I will only have what I have bought/prepared from now on!  Thanks for the reply!

Share this comment


Link to comment
4 hours ago, cinwa said:

Whole milk has around 8g of fat per cup  and that alone would have been enough to upset me early out but coupled with what I suspect may not have been a healthy (probably high in fat) gravy from your house share mate may possibly have been a bad combination.

I eat more fat now than I ever did. I can't handle grease though...

Share this comment


Link to comment
7 hours ago, tmcgee said:

I eat more fat now than I ever did. I can't handle grease though...

Grease and fat are a no go here too.  In restaurants I have to ask that no added fat or oil is added to my order.  I can't remember the last time I ate anything fried...

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now